Which Windows 7 is best?
There are several versions of the operating systemWindows 7. In order to choose the version for a download or purchase, you need to understand their difference. Below you can learn in detail about which version of Windows 7 is better.
Why is only Windows 7 considered? Because at the moment it works better than all previous versions. You can read about this in our article What is the best Windows. Also in the article Which is better - Windows 7 or XP, the differences between the two operating systems are discussed in more detail.
Which Windows 7 is better to install
In order to answer the simple question of which version of Windows 7 is the best, you need to review in detail all versions.
Windows 7 Starter
This version of the OS is very limited in parameters. It is suitable only for very old laptops, computers and netbooks. And it is quite inexpensive. The main limitations are:
- The OS supports no more than 2GB of RAM and is only available in 32-bit.
- There is no quick switching between users. To do this, you will have to log out of the system.
- The design of the OS will be greatly simplified. You can not put a desktop picture, there are no transparent panels Aero.
- There are no other languages and their support.
- There is no possibility to create a working group for file sharing.
- There are not many other functions that can be loaded on a weak computer.
Windows 7 Home Basic
It is usually twice as expensive as the initial one and has functions that are not available in the initial.
Windows 7 Home Basic supports up to 8GBRAM, has graphical appearance capabilities in one version and is also delivered in 64-bit format. Home base all also has no support for multilanguage, workgroups and some other features.
This version of the OS is suitable for those who want to have all the options, but do not overpay the excess.
Windows 7 Home Premium
Same as Home base, but has some useful programs, additional colors for Aero windows and Windows Media Playeer. It is worth such a version and a half times more expensive Home base.
An experienced user will immediately understand that such add-ons are not too necessary. All these programs can either be purchased separately or downloaded from torrents for free.
Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise
These three versions differ from each other not too much. The specificity of their differences is only in a package of programs that are designed for different activities. In each of them there is:
- Emulator Windows XP to run old programs, files and so on.
- It is possible to connect through a remote desktop.
- There is a function of encryption of data to protect information.
- All graphic settings in different variations are available for use.
- Support any amount of RAM.
- Allow you to create home and workgroups for data exchange.
The maximum version is more expensive than all the others, because there are absolutely all the possibilities of other versions.
Which Windows 7 is best to buy
Based on these descriptions and data can be doneconclusion that the optimal solution would be to buy "Windows 7 Home Basic". It will cost less, and all the necessary programs and functions can be downloaded from the Internet in the form of third-party programs or a pirated version.