What is astronomy?
Not once, looking up at the starry sky, weasked themselves the question: what is there? Stars beckon to themselves with their mystery and eternal question of being. But there is a science that studies this heavenly beauty. And this science is called astronomy.
What is astronomy? Astronomy is the science of the universe, which studies cosmic bodies, their origin, as well as structure and properties, development and motion, the formation of whole cosmic systems from them. Cosmic bodies are stars, meteorites, planets and other components of the galactic space.
Science astronomy is based on observations. If physicists, chemists have the opportunity to conduct experiments in their work, then astronomers of this possibility are deprived. Information on the cosmic bodies is provided by electromagnetic radiation, and only recently they began to study them directly, studying the soil of Mars and the Moon, probing their atmospheres. In astronomy methods of mathematics and physics are widely used. These sciences are closely intertwined with each other. At the same time, the results of astronomy achievements in their work are used by geologists, biologists, historians and geographers.
Sections of astronomy
In modern astronomy, there are several sections on which science is conventionally divided. They are closely connected with one another. The sections of astronomy that are the most important:
- the first is astrometry, which deals with the measurement of time and space;
- the second - theoretical astronomy, studies the methods by which the orbits of celestial bodies are determined, as well as their position in orbit;
- the third is celestial mechanics; it studies the laws by which celestial bodies move, which in turn depend on the forces of universal gravitation, calculates the shape, the mass of cosmic bodies;
Three of these sections often give the name of classical astronomy.
- the fourth - astrophysics, it explores the composition of objects, their composition from the chemical point of view and its physical properties;
- the fifth is star astronomy, it studies the motion of stars and their spatial distribution in the stellar system, taking into account the physical features of interstellar matter;
- the sixth - cosmogony, the origin of celestial bodies, as well as their evolution, including the planet Earth;
- the seventh - cosmology, conducts research on the structure and development of the universe, studies its general laws.
What is the science of astronomy
When we talk about astronomy as a science, thenThe first thing I want to ask is: what does astronomy study? If to answer briefly, then we can say - the laws of stars and heavenly bodies. But this science already has deep roots, and hence the field of its activity is much broader. Exploring the planets, the Sun, stars and other types of bodies of the cosmos, astronomy reveals to us the riddles of the universe, its structure and development.
Before the science of astronomy there are three tasks:
- to study the position and motion of the bodies of the cosmos in space, to calculate their shape and dimensions;
- to study the structure of bodies from a physical point of view, as well as their chemical composition and physical conditions;
- definition of the future of individual space objects.
The first of these is solved by the first three sectionsastronomy, the second - the fourth and fifth, and the third sixth and seventh sections. The first task for the solution is by observation, which is very long in time and has been taking off since ancient times. They are based on the laws of mechanics, which are already known for about three hundred years. Therefore, we have a lot of data, especially those bodies that are close to our planet.
We know much less about the physical condition of celestial bodies. About a hundred years ago, only the first data on these issues were received, and the most basic ones were only in recent years.
What is astronomy for?
This is a logical question for everyone whobecame interested in this science. Science is moving forward, new technologies are being introduced to provide humanity with energy. Or maybe someday we can draw it from space? After all, the consumption of various kinds of energy becomes more and more. Satellites that are launched into space, with each launch become more advanced. Scientists are trying with their help to explore a new field in astronomy, which for itself will bring new discoveries that will serve him well. The enlargement of new instruments for research makes it possible for astronomy to develop at a rapid pace and to move technological progress.
And one more answer, why do we need astronomy. Science eventually becomes more complicated and complicated. Scientists are conducting research, but it becomes more difficult to tell about these achievements. To understand what all the salt of a particular achievement, you need to understand this area or adjacent to it. In astronomy, you can show everything visually, paint it so that it takes your breath away. Therefore, much attention from the public is paid precisely to astronomical scientists. And to educate a future scientist, he needs to be involved in science from childhood. Here, astronomy comes with its own illustrative examples.
In astronomy much is not open, here everyone,who love the starry sky, will find something interesting for himself. Perhaps those who will live after us, get along with the aliens from other galaxies. Perhaps they will be invited guests on Earth, and earthlings - they have? The future will answer this.