Wallpaper classification and method of pastingJanuary 26, 2018
Wall decoration always requires special attention. With such a large selection of finishing materials wallpaper occupy one of the leading places, they are always relevant and in demand. Walls covered with wallpaper always create a general background to the style of any interior.
According to their quality and components, wallpapers can be divided according to the following classification:
• “Spider” glass wall coverings made of fiberglass fibers are mainly used as a reinforcing layer for putty, thereby preventing microcracks on the surface of painted walls.
• Wallpaper embossed, background, washable are paper wallpaper. The surface of such wallpaper can be matte or glossy.
• Combined wallpaper, consisting of a paper or non-woven base with a decorative coating of such fabrics as silk, velor, felt, cotton or years, are textile wallpapers.
• Moisture-resistant wallpaper, consisting of a paper base and polyvinyl, refer to vinyl wallpaper. These wallpapers have a smooth or embossed surface.
• Non-woven wallpaper consists of long cellulose fibers and binding components.
Technology walling wallpaper
Before starting work, you need to cut wallpaper of the required size If the wallpaper with a pattern, then on the cut off the first canvas it is necessary to select a pattern.
Then, using a plumb line, we repulse a straight line, departing from a corner of 3 cm. We need to add a rule to the string and using a construction pencil, draw a line.
Now we apply glue on the primed walls and apply the first canvas with the side exactly along the marked line. Smooth wallpaper, you need using a plastic wallpaper spatula from the middle of the canvas to the edges. Thus, the remaining islands of air are removed under the canvas and no wrinkles are collected on the surface of the wallpaper.
Subsequent sheets should be gently attached to the previous web butt. The seams should be additionally pressed with a spatula and remove the glue that has come out. Places where glue protruded should be wiped off with a damp (but not wet) cloth after its removal.
At the corners, the canvas should be wrapped onto the next wall only 3 cm. If necessary, make cuts of 0.5-1 cm from the side of the wrapped canvas to prevent distortions in the corner of the wall.
IMPORTANT: During the work on pasting wallpaper in the room should not be drafts. Must be closed windows and doors. Do not turn on the air conditioner. Such measures avoid uneven drying of the wallpaper.