Birthing and the birth of a child is a processquite complex for the female body. Often, it can be accompanied by complications. One of the possible negative consequences of the birth of a baby is the formation of the placental polyp.
What it is?
After conceiving a child in the body of a future motherthe placenta begins to form. Her complete education ends by the 14th week of pregnancy. With the help of this inner shell the baby receives food and the necessary substances. After the birth of the baby, the baby comes out of the mother's body. However, there are cases when the placenta is not completely rejected by the uterus and its small particles remain in the body. Over time, they can linger on blood clots. This new education is called "placental polyp after deliveryat".
Cases of formation
The placental polyp can be formed in three cases:
- With natural childbirth.
- Cesarean section.
- Conducting an abortion.
In all three cases, the cause of polyps is incomplete removal of the placenta.
The main causes of
There are several reasons for the formation of the polyp:
- Poor quality of abortion or cesarean section, after which the doctor did not fully remove the placenta particles.
- Too much adhesion of the placenta to the uterus, which can cause incomplete isolation after the birth.
- Unusual formation of the placenta, which is characterized by the formation of an additional part. After birth, this lobule is very difficult to separate from the uterus.
- Development of the inflammatory process during pregnancy.
- Hormonal failure in the body.
Placental polyp after delivery: symptoms and treatment
After the birth of the child, the female body is locatedin a weakened state and all the attention of the mother is focused on the baby. This often leads to the fact that the woman does not pay attention to the problem on time. Diagnosis of this negative impact of labor is a rather complicated process.
Determine the presence of the polyp alone is notit is possible, but you can identify some of the symptoms, in which you need to contact your doctor to avoid the possibility of a problem.
The placental polyp after the onset of symptoms has the following:
- Bleeding.After the birth of the baby, the woman has blood for several days. With each passing day, the secretions become less intense and soon come to an end. It is necessary to be cautious if, against the background of shrinking secretions, the blood suddenly begins to stand out with renewed vigor and such bleeding does not cease for a long time. This symptom can be accompanied by dizziness, nausea, pallor and a decline in strength.
- Increased body temperature. If an infection has entered the uterus and inflammation has gone, the woman has a fever.
For accurate diagnosis of the doctor can use such methods and methods of examination:
- Ultrasound examination.
- Dopplerographic examination.
If you have formedplacental polyp after delivery, then do not hope that the problem will disappearby herself. You can not try to stop the blood, and the neoplasm simply does not resolve. Moreover, drug treatment in similar situations of result also does not give.
Removal of the placental polyp after childbirthis performed surgically.Do not be afraid of the process itself, the operation is always performed with anesthesia or under anesthesia. Currently, doctors practice several ways to remove tumors:
- Scraping is the most commonly used.It can be done either in the old fashion, when only standard tools are used, or it is possible to use a hysteroscope. It avoids the making of incisions, and the doctor can observe the process on the monitor screen. The procedure is performed under complete anesthesia.
- Laser removal.
- Application of radio wave equipment.
- Placental polyp after deliverycan also be removed by the action of electricity.
The last three types of neoplasm removalcauterize the burning of the base of the polyp. They are also characterized by common signs: painlessness, short operation (not more than an hour), absence of scars.
If to you have diagnosed "placental polyp "after childbirth, then do not delay with the reference to the doctor for the necessary treatment. If the tumor is not removed within a reasonable time, it can lead to other unpleasant consequences.
Placental polyp after delivery: treatment
After carrying out the surgical operation, the woman is still under the supervision of the attending physician for some time. During this period, the following necessary procedures are carried out:
- The removed polyp is sent for histological examination. This is done to determine its characteristics (the presence of anomalies or cancer cells).
- In case of heavy loss of blood, sometimes a woman needs a transfusion.
- The necessary tests are performed, including a general blood test.
- The disease itself is accompanied by a loss of blood, and if it is necessary, the doctor can prescribe iron-containing medications to increase the level of hemoglobin.
- Assigning drugs that prevent the development of bacterial infection (in the power of antibiotics and hormones).
A long period of full recovery andsubsequent medication, unfortunately, negatively affects the ability of a woman to naturally feed her baby. Applied medications, getting into the body, and enter into the mother's milk. For this reason, for the period of treatment from breastfeeding a woman will have to give up, while preserving the natural feeding is still possible. It is necessary to constantly express milk during this period, thus supporting lactation.
Possible consequences of disease development
If the right time does not apply for the necessary treatment, the disease can have the following consequences:
- Inflammatory process in the uterus.
- Abundant loss of blood can cause anemia.
- Changes in ovarian function are possible.
- Development of an infectious disease, including sepsis.
- Infertility, because the polyp can cause unattached egg to the wall of the uterus.
How to avoid this disease?
In order not to face such a problem, it is necessary to use preventive measures. Among them are the following:
- Timely registration of a pregnant woman and regular examination.
- Careful observation of the body and condition after childbirth and abortion.
- Timely application for medical care in case of detection of typical symptoms of the disease.
- Compliance with norms and rules of personal hygiene.
If after all the birth signs of anxiety symptoms are found, then it is necessary to immediately contact the attending physician in order to prevent the development of more serious consequences and diseases.