How to weld polypropylene pipes by yourself
Welding of polypropylene pipes by one's own handsis done quite simply and quickly, but you need to have certain knowledge of the procedure. Naturally, one should have at least a minimal understanding of the operation of the equipment used to connect the plastic.
What materials are needed for the job?
Welding of polypropylene pipes with their own hands is done with the use of such materials and tools:
- specific apparatus, the power of which should not be less than 1500 W (it is desirable that it can be connected to a standard network outlet with a voltage of 220V);
- Anchoring, due to which it will be possible to fix parts of plastic elements;
- hexagon and level;
- roulettes (for pipe marking);
- Special scissors, which are used for cutting elements;
- contact thermometer;
- cotton wipes;
- pattern of holes.
Preparation for work
Welding of polypropylene pipes, with their own handscarried out, needs some preparation. For example, the apparatus to which the elements are to be connected must be equipped with a special nozzle. It, in turn, must be well fixed. The device for welding polypropylene pipes (soldering iron) must necessarily be well heated and maintain a stable temperature. It should fluctuate in the redistribution of 250-270 degrees.
Preferably places that will be connected andwarm up, clean with a natural napkin. This action will prevent damage to the coating from Teflon. In order for the joint to be well welded, it is desirable to thoroughly treat the edges of the pipe parts with a degreasing agent. Be sure to take into account all the angles under which the elements must be cut so that the connection is as durable and accurate as possible.
Features of the work and some nuances of the implementation of actions
If you are going to weld polypropylene pipes, the instruction provides for a certain sequence of actions:
- After the basic preparation it is necessary to mark outplastic. That is, using a marker on the pipes you need to put marks on which you will cut them. To do this, use a tape measure. For cutting, you need to use a special fixing structure.
- Then take care of the evenness of the edges of the pipe elements. They should not have any cracks, burrs or other defects. For this, fine-grained sandpaper can be used.
- To connect the elements you will need the fittings. They need to be put on a part of the pipe before heating. After that, the edges can be processed with a soldering iron. Then the elements simply join together and are soldered. Naturally, you need to do this carefully, so that the stitches turn out to be high-quality and even.
There are certain features, because ofwhich welding of polypropylene pipes, carried out by oneself, requires special care and attention. For example, you should have spare items that you can use instead of corrupted ones. Before the completion of any work, all calculations must be made on paper. You may need to draw a pipe connection diagram.
It is advisable to comply with all necessary measuresprecautions that will allow you to quickly do the work and not suffer. The temperature to which the soldering iron is heated is very high, so if you are handling the equipment with care, you may be seriously injured. All actions are best done in a garage or other adapted room.