How to update Kaspersky?
Computer viruses are ruthless - they can easily"Eat" the files you need or "hang" an unpleasant banner on top of the screen, and can send you various spam mails from your mail unnoticed. In general, harm from viruses can not be counted, and therefore every reasonable user should have an anti-virus system on his computer. Moreover, it is also necessary to regularly update its database. In this article, we will analyze how to update Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
Updating the database
To update the anti-virus databases, you must have Internet access. Perform the update is quite simple:
- Open the main window of Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- Go to the "Updates" tab.
- We press the button "Perform an update".
- All! No more actions are required from us, the program will perform independent download and installation of updates.
New viruses appear every day, developersantiviruses try to keep up with the creators of viruses, so database updates are often issued. In order not to miss a moment, we recommend that you configure automatic updates. In this case, if there is an update of the databases and access to the network, the program will perform all the work for you automatically. The frequency of updates can be adjusted: "once a week," "once a day," etc. - choose what you prefer.
Update the version
In order to install the new version of the program, we do the following:
- We go to the official site of Kaspersky Lab - kaspersky.com
- Go to the "Products" section and download the required update. For example, if you work with Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, you need to download Kaspersky Internet Security 2014.
- Install the update, following the prompts of the setup wizard, and reboot the computer.
If the key expired
If the antivirus activation key has not expired yet, thenthe updated version of the antivirus will work, otherwise you will need a new activation key, otherwise you will not be able to update the databases, and an antivirus without updated databases will become completely useless in a couple of weeks. How to get the key? There are two ways:
- You can purchase the activation code on the Kaspersky website, and through it get the key and enter it into the required field of the "License" tab of the program. This is the legal path.
- The second way is not entirely honest. It consists in finding on the Internet working keys to Kaspersky. At the moment, the new keys can be found here. Either way, after installing the new key, do not forget to reboot the computer.
In fact, there is also a third way -download a trial version of the antivirus. You can download the trial version of the anti-virus (and even need) from the official site of Kaspersky Lab. The trial version is absolutely free, however, it is somewhat limited in functionality and only works for 30 days. You can download them from this site.
By the way, nobody prevents you after the end of the month to use a trial version of another antivirus. Many people do this by changing one program to another.
You may also benefit from the article Why Kaspersky does not update.