How to sew a bandana with their own hands: a step-by-step instruction, a pattern and reviews
Original accessories have always been in vogue. With the help of bandanas, for example, you can supplement your image and make a certain zest in your style of clothing. About how to sew a bandanna and pick up elements of decoration for it, you will learn in this article.
How to wear a bandana on your head?
Bandana is a unique accessory that you cancombined with different styles of clothing. Today in a fashion to wear this headdress in many ways. This accessory is popular among girls and young guys.
There are several options for how you can wear a bandana:
- The classic option. It is necessary to fold the handkerchief diagonally, you will get a triangular kerchief, which should be placed on the crown, and the ends tied behind.
- In the style of hip-hop. It is necessary to fold the bandanna into a triangle and fold it into a rectangular strip. We put the bandage on the forehead and fix it behind the double knot.
- An elegant option. From the scarf, we form a thin bandage, collect the hair in a bun and make a tall tail, wrap the bandanna around the hairdo and carefully attach the fabric with the help of invisible ones.
- East style. Take a large handkerchief, fold in half and place on the back of the head, then set the free edges and tie a knot on the top of the head. Leave the rest of the fabric forward and form a turban.
- Retro option. Fold the shawl in half and form a strip, 2.5 cm wide. Place the bandage near the hairline so that its ends are at the top, and gently tie it in a knot.
How to wear a bandanna around your neck
Bandana is worn not only on the head - many peopleuse a handkerchief and as a scarf, bracelet or jewelry for the hair. Everyone can sew a bandana with their own hands, to decorate their images one must have many accessories that differ in style and color.
There are several methods for correctly wearing a bandanna around your neck:
- The Cowboy method. You need to fold the kerchief in half diagonally, place it around the neck so that the sharp triangle is in front and gently tie the ends back to the knot. Spread the front bandana fabric, so that the folds lie flat.
- Node in the form of a tie. To do this, you need to wrap around the neck diagonally folded bandana (its ends should be directed forward) and overlap them. Form the ends of the two loops and pass one loop through the second. Now gently straighten the knot so that the second loop completely covers the first one.
- The square method. Take the bandanna and put it on your neck. The ends must be in front. One of them should be a bit longer than the second. Cross the ends, form a loop. Then through this, stretch the longer end of the bandana and gently tuck it into the knot.
Bandana - decoration of your image
If you understand how to sew a bandanayourself, you can form beautiful bracelets from them. According to reviews, this kind of jewelry looks very original and gives your appearance a note of rebellion. To create it, a small kerchief that you need to wrap around your wrist is perfect - one-tone bandanas are ideal, but the color is better to choose a bright one: red, crimson or blue.
How to tell the master to make a braceletfrom the bandana, first you need to fold the kerchief into a triangle and roll it into a thin strip, 2-3 cm wide. Then put your hand in the middle of the strip and wrap it around the wrist. The ends tie a knot and gently tuck under the knot. The bracelet should not be tightened tightly, the folds of the product should easily lie on the arm.
Also with bandanas you can decorate hats, creating different stripes in width and color, forming on them voluminous bows and elegant nodules.
To understand how to sew a bandanna, you needknow what kinds of scarfs come in, what material they are made of, and with which to decorate them. Every year, modern designers do not cease to please us with a wide range of these accessories, differing in style, color and material.
To date, there are several models of bandanas:
- A scarf.
- Bandana at the outset.
- Bandana with a visor.
They will be an ideal addition to your everyday as well as festive side.
Bandana with your own hands
Even the most boring attire can be decorated in a flash with a lace kerchief beautifully tied on the head. How to sew a bandana for yourself and surprise everyone around?
To create an original accessory, you need to have:
- 1 m of satin;
- thread in tone;
- sewing machine.
According to reviews, even for beginners who want to understand how to sew a bandana, the pattern of this accessory will not be difficult:
- Take silk and smooth it on a flat surface.
- Using a ruler and soap, draw a square 50 by 50 cm.
- Then take the scissors and cut it out.
- Using the chalk, note the width of the allowance for the hem (1-2 cm).
- Turn the allowances and iron the fabric.
- Now swipe the pattern and stitch it.
- Sewing threads should be pulled out, and the seams should turn out to be neat and even.
Bandana can be decorated with thermo-rhinestones, large stones, ribbons, bows and stripes.
How to sew a bandana for a boy
The pattern of this headdress also does not present any complexity. You just need to decide on the size. Using a centimeter tape measure the circumference of the child's head.
For sewing bandanas with an elastic band you will need the following sewing accessories:
- 1 m of fabric;
- thick paper;
- tailor pins;
- thread in tone;
- sewing machine.
We present step-by-step instructions on how to sew a bandana with your own hands. Patterns are built like this:
- Take the paper and use a pencil to draw a rectangle for the scarf, with sides 24 x 40 cm.
- The second rectangle is necessary for the rubber band, its dimensions are 5 x 26 cm.
- Now cut out the details and transfer them to the fabric.
- Before you cut out the patterns of bandanas, do not forget to back off 1 cm from the edge of the parts.
- Attach the end to the folded kulisuke under the elastic.
- Now fasten it in this form with tailor's pins and baste.
- Stitch one end of the product. The same procedure is repeated with the second end of the headscarf.
- Turn out the rubber band and lay a 10mm seam on the machine, stretching the elastic along the entire length.
- Fold the slices inward and carefully sew the hole. Bandana is ready!
As moms tell, a bright bandana becomes an indispensable protective accessory for a boy in the heat and a stylish piece of clothing on cooler days.