How to salt garlic?
Many make salting at home. About how to salt garlic, our article will tell. Garlic is a delicious and very useful seasoning for home food. And how to salt it, not everyone knows. It is very difficult to store garlic in urban conditions, because in the apartment it dries, and in the fridge is covered with mold. But there are ways that you can keep garlic.
There are many ways of pickling garlic. Pickled by any of these methods, garlic retains its useful qualities about 8-9 months.
Methods of salting
- Pour salt on the bottom of a three-liter jar and startstowing garlic heads. To stack them it is necessary not densely. Then it is necessary to fill them with salt from above so as to fill the emptiness between them to cover the garlic. Next simply lay the next row of garlic. This continues to the very top of the can, but it is necessary to leave a little space near the neck where salt will be poured. The can is closed with a plastic lid and stored in a cool dark place.
- The head of garlic is disassembled into denticles. Then clean them from the husk and cut into small plates or cubes. In 100 grams of peeled and so chopped garlic, add 300 grams of salt and mix it all. Now the resulting mixture is densely packed in a jar and covered with a plastic lid. Store such a pickle in the refrigerator.
- The head of garlic is disassembled into denticles. Then they are peeled off the husk and washed in cold water. Then put the garlic in three-liter jars and pour cold water. So garlic should stand for 3 days. Water in the banks for this time is changed 2-3 times. Then, water is drained from the cans and a special brine is prepared.
Here are a few options for preparing brine
- Dissolve 100 grams of salt in 1 liter of water andboil. Then it is necessary to strain and allow to cool this brine. It remains to just pour the garlic with the prepared brine, cover with a lid (do not roll it up) and store it in a cool dark place, topping up the brine as needed.
- 1 liter of water, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of vinegar. You can put spices, for example, bay leaf or black pepper.
- 200 grams of vinegar, 200 grams of water, 3.5 tablespoons of sugar 2 tablespoons of salt ,.
If you do not have a cellar, you need to sterilize the jars by placing them in boiling water. The sterilization time is 5-15 minutes, depending on the volume of the can. Now you know everything about pickling garlic!