How to remove the exhaust manifold?
Watch the video
Exhaust manifold on vehicles VAZ 2108 and2109 have to be removed quite often, namely every time you need to change its gasket, which when burned (and this is not a rare case) starts to let in exhaust gases to the hood, which does not result, as you probably guess, to nothing good. However, this procedure is not very complicated, and you can do it yourself. Let's figure out how to remove the exhaust manifold and change the gasket yourself.
The first thing you need to do to replace the gasket is to find the following tools:
- a spanner or carabiner wrench for 13;
- the end deep head on 13;
- ratchet handle;
- means for removing gaskets;
- emery paper (zero);
- knife or a thin screwdriver.
Dismantling of the collector
- Remove the air filter and disassemble the carburettor.
- Disconnect the 4 nuts securing the exhaust manifold to the intake pipe.
- Pull the pipe slightly to the side, taking it off the studs, and unfasten the remaining nuts securing the collector.
- All! The collector can be removed.
Replacing the gasket
The gasket is usually unfastened simply, it's justIt is removed from the studs, but in case it stuck to the cylinder head, it must be gently pricked with a screwdriver or knife to remove it. Then it is desirable to treat the place of fixing the old gasket with a special spray, it should be applied to the surface and wait 15 minutes. After spraying the surface can also be "polished" with zero abrasive paper.
It remains only to attach the new gasket, putting it on special studs, and install the manifold back, following the reverse order of the dismantling procedure.
Read also: How to assemble a motor.