How to reduce the growth?
Scientists have proven that a person continues to grow up to35-40 years old. A lot of people are not happy with their growth. Some want to grow at least a few centimeters, others do not know how to reduce their growth. Is there any way to influence the situation?
Below we will talk about the reasons for the acceleration of growth and the opportunities for its slowdown.
Causes of Acceleration
Modern youth in their basicAnthropometric data far outstrips the previous generation. Therefore, many of them, especially girls, have the question "How to reduce growth?". The intensity of growth affects a number of factors:
- Genetic heredity. The growth program is 80-90% inherent in nature. Therefore, taking into account the parental growth parameters, it is possible to calculate the expected growth of the child. For a boy - add up the growth rates of the mother and father, add 13 cm and divide the resulting amount by 2. For the girl - from the growth of the father subtract 13 cm, add the growth of the mother and the result divided by 2. The resulting plus or minus 3-4 cm is considered normal growth of an adult.
- Intensified production of growth hormone. Somatotropin is produced by the pituitary (the lower appendage of the brain) and is responsible for the growth of a person. Benign tumor of the pituitary gland or other pathologies of the endocrine system can cause excessive production of growth hormone and, as a consequence, gigantism.
- Premature sexual development. In some adolescents, the onset of puberty occurs earlier than in peers. Against this background, there is an acceleration of somatic growth. But over time, the growth zones are closed and growth is leveled.
How to reduce the growth of a person and whether you need to do this
In the case of increased growth,consultation to the endocrinologist. After studying the general picture of how a person grows, and based on the results of research, the doctor will be able to diagnose. If it turns out that tallness is a consequence of some pathological condition, timely treatment will help to stop growth.
If the big growth is caused by genetics, to influenceit is almost impossible for him. The only way to regulate growth is physical activity. Such sports as jumping, basketball, volleyball, tennis should be avoided, as they contribute to increased growth. While skiing, judo, cycling, lifting the bar form the muscle mass to the detriment of the development of bone tissue.
Visually reduce growth will help correctlythe chosen wardrobe: multi-layer clothing, horizontal stripes, contrasting colors of the top and bottom. Distract attention from growth can be with the help of bright accessories, shoes. Volumetric clothing also makes a person a little lower.
What not to do to slow growth:
- exclude calcium from the diet. Calcium is needed not only to strengthen and grow bone tissue, as many people think. The lack of calcium in the body will lead to problems with the health of teeth, hair, nails, can cause weakness, irritability, pain in the spine;
- carry loads on the back. Wearing heavy bags and backpacks on your back can only visually reduce growth, giving the body a hunched look. The result of such actions will be the curvature of the spine and the displacement of the discs;
- to abuse caffeine. Despite the fact that lack of sleep is one of the factors slowing growth, the fact of the effect of caffeine on the growth of a teenager has not been scientifically proven. On the other hand, excessive consumption of caffeine can weaken the immune system, reduce physical and mental activity.