How to play poker?
Watch the video
Poker is an insanely addictive game thatcaptures all the participants. After playing poker, you do not just think through your moves, but you become a real psychologist who must catch and read the slightest gestures, the mimicry of rivals. How to learn to play poker? Read the rules and strategy of the game, and then host your tournaments!
How to play poker. rules
We will consider the rules of the most commonkind of poker - how to play Texas Hold'em. It is he who is popular among millions of people around the world. Even if you are going to play poker online for your computer (by the way, it's best to start a beginner), then this kind of poker is just what you need.
At the table, as a rule, sit 6-9 players. Determine the cost of chips of different colors. For example, white - 10, blue - 20, red - 30 and so on. So, the game starts with the blinds. The blind is a mandatory bet that is made before the cards are dealt. The dealer is the one who gives out the cards. The player sitting to the left of the dealer makes half the bet. For example, a mandatory bet of 20 means that the player puts 10, this is called the small blind. The player sitting still to the left places the big blind (full bet is 20).
The blinds are delivered. Now the dealer hands in 2 cards in a closed form, starting the hand from the small blind. Everyone is watching their cards. The game is strictly clockwise. Since the first 2 players from the dealer have already made mandatory bets, the game is continued by the third player. What options does he have:
- Fold. Saying this, the player folds the cards, that is, out of the game, without losing their chips.
- Call In making this decision, you respond to the bet, that is, continue the game, making a mandatory bet (in our example 20).
- Raise. This means an increase in the rate. It's usually done when a player gets a good card or bluffs. This often reduces the number of players.
If someone in the first round has raised the bet, thenThe trade continues until all the remaining players have their bets. Now, three open cards from the deck are dealt to the middle of the table by the dealer. Players begin a new round of trading, starting with the player after the dealer. They can, besides the three actions that we talked about, also make a check, that is, do not add bets if their rivals did not. Then the fourth open card is dealt by the dealer, behind which again there is a circle of trade. And then the fifth card is the final one, and behind it is the last betting round. At the very end, all the remaining players are revealed cards. Judging by the seniority of combinations of cards, the winner is determined. The bank is picked up by the winning player. Combine your two cards with five open cards on the table.
How to go all-in
Players have the right to go all-in (declaring "all"in) or at the lack of chips to equalize the bet (it corresponds to what is), in the latter case, the player claims only that part of the bank that he has leveled with his opponents. Participation in the game for those players who have very few chips.
How to play poker. Combinations of cards
Let's start with the smallest:
- If none of the players dropped a combination, then the bank is taken from the one whose card is older.
- A pair is two cards with the same dignity. For example, two ladies.
- Two pairs - two cards with the same value and two cards from another of the same value. For example, two ladies and two kings.
- Three - three cards of the same seniority. For example, three nines.
- Street - any five cards, coming in succession by seniority. For example, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
- Flush - any five cards of the same suit.
- Full House - a couple and a triple together. For example, two ladies and three dozen.
- Four of a kind - four cards with one dignity. For example, four kings.
- Street Flush - five cards of the same suit, coming in succession by seniority.
- Flush Royal - the five most senior cards of the same suit, that is, Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten.
Good luck in the game and high winnings!