How to make a white background in Photoshop?
Watch the video
Often there is a need to cutphotograph some object and place it on a white background. For many, this task seems very difficult, however, when working in Photoshop, it turns out quickly and without problems. Let's figure out how to make a white background.
- Open the picture in Photoshop, select the "Magic wand" tool.
- With a single click of the "Magic Wand" on the background, select it and press the Del key.
- Now select the "Inversion" tool by pressing the "Shift + Ctrl + I" combination.
- We got the selected object; The original background is no longer there, but its "pieces" remained on the "edge" of the object. The next task is to get rid of them.
- Go to the "Selection" menu, select the "Refine Edge" tool, and,
- in the item "View" we choose - "On black" (so the zones requiring correction are best seen);
- The tool "Specify the radius" is used at its own discretion, it is especially useful when working with hair;
- tools "Smooth", "Feathering","Contrast" and "Change Edge" are also used at our discretion to select the optimal view of the edges of the object. For each object here everything is very individual;
- in the "Output" field, we set the "New layer with mask layer" option. Then click "OK".
- Open the layer menu, create a new layer (if the background is not white for some reason, correct it with the Fill tool).
- So, now our object is on a white background,and everything should be fine. However, often the edges of the old background are not completely removed with the tool "Clarify the edge". In this case, we increase the problem area, select the "Brush" tool of white color and get rid of the "pieces" of the previous layer.