How to make a sign on the keyboard?
Often when writing a technical or otherdocumentation, it appears necessary to insert symbols into the text that are not present on the keyboard. This article presents an instruction explaining how to insert into the text the symbol of infinity, degree, paragraph and many others.
How to make marks on the keyboard
In order to create such characters, you needPress and hold the Alt key, then you need to type the numbers on the numeric keypad. Typically, the necessary numeric keys are located on the right side of the desktop keyboard. You can activate these keys by pressing the NumLock button. If you work on a laptop, then these keys can be activated by means of a certain combination: usually this is the Fn + button on which NumLk or NumLock will be written.
Codes for several common symbols:
- to get the symbol of degree "°" you need to press Alt + 0176;
- to get the symbol of the paragraph "§" you need to press Alt + 0167;
- for the copyright symbol "©" you need to type Alt + 0169;
- to get the symbol "‰" you need to press Alt + 0137;
- to get the trademark symbol "™" you need to press Alt + 0153;
- to get the mark of the registered trademark "®" you need to type the combination of keys Alt + 0174;
- To get the plus or minus "±" symbol, press Alt + 0177;
- To get the infinity character "∞", press Alt + 8734;
- To get the "÷" division symbol, type Alt + 0247 (sometimes it works only with the English keyboard layout);
- To get the "x" multiply symbol, press Alt + 0215 (sometimes it works only with the English keyboard layout);
- To get a long dash character "-", press Alt + 0151.