How to load the dishes in the dishwasher: how to use the dishwasher
Buying a dishwasher is an opportunity to free up time and save yourself from the work that a technician can do. But using the device does not completely eliminate the need to wash the dishes with your hands.
We will tell you how to properly load the dishes in the dishwasher to avoid mistakes.
Causes of damage to the dishes in the car
There are quite a few limitations that limit the use of the dishwasher, and inept handling of equipment and improper loading leads to unexpected results.
The conditions that are created in the dishwasher limit the possibility of washing certain types of dishes in it. Factors that limit the functionality of the technique:
- very hot water;
- temperature changes;
- hot air drying;
- aggressive chemicals;
- prolonged contact with water, steam.
Temperature shock can cause cracking even tempered glassware, which tolerates hot temperatures normally.
In some models of dishwashers, this factor is taken into account - the built-in heat exchanger eliminates sudden temperature changes.
Material Type Restrictions
Dishwasher does not load tableware and items made from materials such as:
- Wood.Stylized as antique tableware, spoons, plates, shovels and chopping boards can deteriorate completely due to contact with hot water. The tree will swell, and upon drying it will begin to crack and change its shape.
- Plastic.The restriction applies to items that are made of plastic that does not tolerate high temperatures.
- Copper, tin, silver.From contact with chemicals they can fade, change color, oxidize.
- Aluminum.Pans, pots, meat grinder parts and other products made of aluminum darken, a patina forms on their surface. Long-term contact with water is also undesirable.
It is also undesirable to wash the cast-iron dishes in the car, as potent detergents help to remove the protective layer from them and the appearance of rust.
Not compatible with dishwasher dishes
Manufacturers do not recommend loading such dishes into the machine:
- Knives, shredders.When heated, they become blunt, so it is undesirable to wash them at high temperature.
- Frying pans, sauce-pans with teflon coating.The protective layer of the pan, under the influence of detergents, is washed off, and it loses its non-stick properties.
- Ware with a vacuum cover, a sealant.Under the action of hot water, the sealing will be broken, the seal will deteriorate.
- Items with decorative painting.The paint that was used to decorate the utensils may drain.
- Items soiled with ash, grease, paint, wax.Anything that might get dirty and clog up.
In addition to general rules, there are also restrictions for specific dishes - after all, porcelain and plastic can have a different composition and react differently to harsh machine wash conditions. Therefore, when buying and before loading them in the dishwasher, check their labeling.
Rusty appliances are likewise not allowed to be immersed in a dishwasher. They will not only be subject to even greater destruction, but will also lead to the formation of rust on the metal utensils still untouched by corrosion.
Beaten or unwashed dishes with food remnants, clogged drains, corrosion inside the device's case are all consequences of improper use of equipment.To avoid having to correct errors, it is better to study the download rules before use.
General rules of location
Before loading the dishes into the dishwasher, the remnants of food are removed from it - it is enough to remove it with a spoon.
Pre-washing kitchen utensils is not only unnecessary, but also not recommended, since in this case the sensor technology chooses a weak cleaning program mode and persistent dirt is not washed off.
How to load dishes and cutlery into the device:
- All items must be stable. Plates are installed in special grids, for tall glasses it is also necessary to provide support (for this, a small shelf, located above the upper basket, and holders are often adapted).
- Dirtier kitchen utensils are placed in the bottom box of the dishwasher. There the water flow is stronger and the wash more thorough. In addition, dirty water will not drain on cleaner appliances.
- All containers are placed upside down to prevent water from accumulating in them.Concave and convex objects are placed under the slope, so the water will be better to drain.
- High and narrow containers should not be installed in corners, in a too inclined position.
- Nothing should block the rotation of the rocker arms that spray water.
It is also impossible to overload the baskets for dishes and place any items in the box for the detergent tablets.
Utensils for placing dishes
The design of the dishwasher for a stable and safe arrangement of dishes includes the following devices:
- Folding pins - designed for secure fixing of bowls, glasses, pots.
- The shelf for knives - is suitable for placement of all long objects (keep within horizontally).
- Small item holders - hold light items securely, such as lids, plastic cups, etc.
- The top basket (box) - for loading cups, glasses, small plates. Can be placed at different heights.
- Bottom basket (box) - designed for large dishes, pots, pans, as well as for heavily contaminated devices.
In addition to the basic accessories, you can also purchase a silver washing cassette, a bottle holder, a nozzle for baking pans, a holder for tall glasses, a box for glasses and wine glasses, etc.
Loading rules for each type of cookware
The internal structure of the machine, the location and design of the boxes and shelves in it, are designed in such a way as to provide the user with convenience, and the dishware is safe.
In order for tableware to be stably placed, to wash thoroughly, not to interfere with the effective functioning of the equipment itself, there is a place for each type of cookware:
- Knives, skewers.Placed on a special shelf in a horizontal position or in the basket for cutlery (spoons, forks) points down.
- Spoons, spatulas.For them, a special basket is intended; they are placed vertically.
- Cook spoons, skimmers.As well as other long cutlery. Placed on folding shelves that can be installed at different heights and fold up in case of uselessness.
- Cups, glasses.Load in the upper basket upside down, in an inclined, but stable position.
- Plates, bowls.Put in special sections, if possible through one.
- Pots, pans.Located in the bottom basket bottom up.
Small tableware is placed on shelves or in baskets with fine mesh. If they are so small that they fall out of the basket, it is better to wash them by hand.
With the subtleties and specifics of the correct location of tableware when loading in the PMM will acquaint the following video:
Removing dishes after washing
It is necessary to get the dishes out of the car after it cools to a comfortable temperature so as not to burn yourself.In addition, hot ware made of glass and porcelain is sensitive to shocks and can crack or break when unloaded. So that the drops from the dishes placed in the upper box do not drain onto the devices located below, they must be unloaded starting from the bottom.
Dishwashing and softening agents
Failure to comply with the norms of loading drugs for the dishwasher, the erroneous setting up of systems that dispense means, any deviations from the established rules lead to a violation of the process of washing dishes. As a result, at the end of the work programs, you can observe the balance of funds on the dishes, poor quality of washing.
Used for washing: detergent, salt, rinse. The rules for their use are described in detail by each dishwasher manufacturer.
Water softening salt
To clean the dishes well and to avoid the appearance of a layer of scale, it is necessary to soften the water. This is especially true when using water with a high degree of hardness.
The tool is loaded into the container of the water softener. The amount of loading is regulated depending on the hardness indicators.You can accurately determine how much softener should be used, based on the hardness of tap water in a particular region. The amount of salt for different levels of hardness is indicated in the normalization table.
The tool is used to prevent stains from water droplets on the dishes. It is loaded into the container when the dishwasher indicator turns on - it signals that the rinse aid is left for 1-2 loads. The portion size that is fed into the system can be adjusted by setting it to a step from 1 to 4.
In the composition of detergents used alkaline substances containing enzymes that dissolve proteins, break down starch.Some of them contain oxygen bleaches and do well with stains from tea, ketchup.
Apply the combined means, which include detergents, softening salt, rinse can, if the hardness of your tap water is not above 21 ° dH. When using 3 in 1 products, the indicators for the absence of rinse aid and salt are turned off - most machines support this function.
There are also 4 in 1 and 5 in 1, which include additional components for the gloss of stainless steel or to protect the glass.
Rules for safe use of the device
Operating a dishwasher involves the implementation of safety measures as well as any other technique:
- As detergents are used only intended for dishwashers. This is especially true of those that contain chlorine.
- During operation of the device, the door must be closed. It is necessary to check if the dishes placed inside do not impede this. On the lack of closure signals the infrared indicator.
- It is necessary to carefully open the door during the program to avoid scalding with water that may spill out of the car.
- The door of the machine can be in the open state only during unloading or loading the dishwasher, otherwise you can trip over it while moving around the kitchen.
- The door can not be under heavy load, do not sit down and do not stand on her feet.
- When installing a dishwasher, including a built-in dishwasher, you must clearly follow the installation rules developed by the manufacturer.
Especially carefully it is necessary to treat the operation of equipment, if there are children in the house, and to acquire those models of devices that have child protection programs and block the car doors, preventing unauthorized access.
Like any equipment, a dishwasher requires a competent attitude. After a certain period of operation of the device, one can observe accumulation of fat, scale, and a moist environment leads to the appearance of fungi.
Clean the filters from the standard for the dishes pollution and wash them under running water after each dishwashing. Less frequently, spray arms are removed from scale and dirt. Each manufacturer of the dishwasher in his instruction places information on how to properly remove and clean removable elements.
Special attention should be paid to the seal on the door of the machine - wipe with a damp cloth slightly moistened with detergent. They also keep the front panel clean with controls, without using an abrasive sponge.
If the device is not used for a long time, in order to avoid the formation of fungus and the occurrence of an unpleasant smell, its door is kept ajar.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Scientific approach to loading the dishwasher:
Surely, you have not washed these items in the dishwasher and you will be interested to watch the video:
Most of the problems and failures that arise during the operation of the dishwasher, a consequence of its improper use. Proper attitude to technology and care will help not only preserve the look of kitchen utensils, but also extend the life of the device itself.