How to knit patterns with knitting needles?
Watch the video
When knitting with knitting need two kinds of loops -front and back. If you knit all the time with one kind of loops, you get a simple garter stitch. If the front and back loops alternate in one or two, then an elastic 1 x 1 or 2 x 2 will be obtained. These are the simplest figures, which can be found in our section Knitting with knitting needles. In this article we will look at the drawing a little more complicated, but very interesting and beautiful: "braids".
How to knit patterns of "braids" with knitting needles
Usually, all the patterns are tied on two spokes. But for knitting with "braids" you also need a third auxiliary pin or at least a hairpin. "Spit" is made against the background of garter stitch.
Suppose we want to connect the simplest "braid" or "tourniquet" of two "strands" 3 hinges wide.
Knitting scheme "braid" with knitting needles
- 1 row. Face hinges, 6 purl, facial.
- 2 - 9 rows. We knit the facial loops over the facial loops, purl over the purlins.
- 10 row. We knit the purl loops. When the facial begins, remove the three loops on the auxiliary spoke, without tying. 3 facial, all facial from the auxiliary spokes, purl to the end of the row.
- We repeat 2-10 rows, and so on until the end of the work.
Such crossed strands may be differentthickness, but too wide "strands" do not recommended. You can use three strands or four, most importantly, do not get confused when which "tourniquet" cross and in which direction.
How to knit jacquard patterns with knitting needles
Jacquard pattern called multicolorornaments. For their knitting it is important to have a detailed scheme for changing colors and carefully counting rows and loops. This is also not difficult, there are only a few subtleties.
One of them is knitting patches, where the border between the flowers for at least tworows runs along the same loops. Those. if the 10th loop is tied with the 1st color, the 11th with the 2nd color, and so several rows. Then we get two separate, unrelated pieces of knitting.
To avoid this, you must either choosesuch patterns in which the border between the flowers constantly goes obliquely, or, changing the color, overwhelm the thread of another color by the neighboring loop. But this can disrupt the pattern.
- 1 way of knitting a jacquard pattern. For his knitting is used toone ball of each color. If one or several colors are encountered several times in one row, then from one site to another the thread will have to be pulled from the wrong side of the knitting. Then on the wrong side there will be solid threads stretching behind several loops to the site where they will again go into action.
- 2 way of knitting a jacquard pattern. With this method, so many coils of yarn are used, how many times the color changes throughout the series. Suppose, in the same row, we have 3 times the hinges of the 1st color and 4 times the areas of the second color. Hence, we take 3 coils of the 1st color and 4 coils of the 2nd color. In this case, the drawing will also be visible on the wrong side, but in these tangles any mistress will get confused.
To make it easier, you need to put each tangle in a separate box with a hole through which to release the end of the thread for knitting, and tighten the boxes so that they do not travel from place to place.