How to knit a sleeve?
Watch the video
Despite the abundance of blouses, blouses and sweaters inshops, needlewomen still have a desire to make their own hands with something that no one else has. After choosing the style, pattern, way of mating, it's time to make a pattern. Particular difficulty is caused, as a rule, by the pattern and knitting of the vtachnoy sleeve, which we will now tell.
How to make a pattern to tie a sleeve
Regardless of whether you will knit sleevescrochet or knitting needles, the pattern of the vtachnoy sleeve is one. It is assumed that the pattern of transmission and backrest, described in the article How to tie a sweater with knitting needles, is already there.
To make a pattern, the following measurements will be necessary:
- length of the sleeve from the shoulder to the bottom (ДР = 52 cm);
- the depth of the armhole (should be known from the construction of patterns of transmission and back) (GP = 21 cm);
- Half-girth of the chest (PG = 42);
- width of sleeve at the bottom (WR = 15 cm);
- length of the cuff (if any) (DM = 5 cm).
Drawing is for one half of the sleeve, because it is symmetrical. For clarity, we substituted the numbers for the 42nd size, but for each pattern they are their own.
- Draw a rectangle of width PG / 3 + 1 = 42/3 +1 = 14 cm + 1 cm for freedom of fit, length equal to DR.
- From the top of the rectangle we measure down the depth of the armhole, draw a horizontal line - the armhole line.
- From the top left corner, put 2.5 cm to the right, put the point A (for large sizes, full hands can be postponed 3 or 3.5 cm).
- On the line of the armhole from the right edge (point B) we lay 1.5 cm, set the point B1 (for full hands 2 cm).
- From the bottom left corner to the right, we lay half the width of the sleeve WR / 2 = 15/2 = 7.5 cm, set the point B.
- From the lower left corner we measure up the length of the cuff, we draw a horizontal line - the cuff line.
- From point B we draw the vertical line up to the cuff line, we put the point B1.
We outline the sleeve: we connect the points A-B1-B-B1-B. These will be the edges of the sleeve, the vertical left line is the middle of the sleeve.
How to knit sleeves with knitting needles
Usually knitting knit products from the bottom up. To begin with, you need to tie a probe of sufficient width and height to the sleeves selected by the pattern. It is desirable that a piece of knitting with a width and height not less than 5 cm is obtained. For this piece, calculate the number of loops to be typed so that the width of the sleeve of the ShR is obtained.
Calculations to tie the sleeve with knitting needles
Suppose, 5 cm we got out of 15 loops andfrom 20 rows. Hence, in one centimeter 3 loops and 4 rows. At the bottom of the sleeve we have 7.5 cm x 3 loops = 22.5 loops, round to 23. On the depth line of the armhole, the width is 15 cm x 3 loops = 45 cm. Hence, from the cuff line to the armhole, we need to increase the number of loops at 45 - 23 = 22 loops. We do not forget that we carried out all these calculations for half of the sleeves.
This distance is equal to ДР - ГП - ДМ = 52 - 21 - 5 =26 cm. 26 cm x 4 rows = 96 rows. So, for 96 rows we need to add 22 loops. 96/22 = 4 rows with a remainder. It follows that you need to loosen one loop for every 4-5 rows.
To knit an armhole with knitting needles,similar calculations, just the opposite: count the number of loops you need to decrease, so that by 21 cm (81 rows), reduce the number of loops from 86 to 10. It turns out, almost in each row, you need to decrease along the loop.
We knit sleeves with knitting needles
We type 23 x 2 = 46 loops on knitting needles, we beginknit cuffs (we also remember that we made all the calculations for half of the sleeve). It is knitted with an elastic band 1 x 1 or 2 x 2. When the cuff reaches 5 cm, we change the binding to the chosen pattern.
Each 4 or 5 row on both sides is added to theone loop. It is better to do this, stepping back from the edge to 2-3 loops. An additional loop is pulled out from the previous row, so that the holes formed by the cap are not formed. Since we do not knit on the machine, we will need to apply the work to the pattern from time to time, to control that they coincide with each other. We control the correspondence of the work to the pattern.
After tying up to the armhole line, we close on each side 1,5 cm - 5 loops each. Begin to knit armholes with knitting needles the same way, controlling the correctness of knitting.
How to Knit a Crochet Hook
About crocheting there is an article How to tie a jacketcrocheted. Knit crochet sleeves need exactly the same rules as the knitting needles. It is most convenient to knit a pattern. First, connect the probe, count how many loops and rows are needed, how many loops to add and subtract.
The difference is that the crochet is oftenknit, starting from the top, or knit seamlessly, in a circle. But even then one must remember the decrease and the addition of loops. In this case, when you need to knit an armhole with a crochet, the circle will not work any more, since on the armhole the circle opens.