How to insulate the floor in the house?
Watch the video
A house is a place where a person feelssecurity, can relax and relax. Of course, the easiest way to do this is in a cozy and warm room. But what if your home is difficult to keep warm? The answer is obvious - to insulate. In this article we will tell you how to insulate the floor in the house.
How to insulate the floor of a private house
Make the cold floor in the house warmer will help the following technologies
- Insulated screed;
- Floor heating systems (water, electric, infrared);
- Insulated wooden flooring.
Each of these methods has its pros and cons. After examining them in detail, you can determine which one is right for you.
Screed is often used as the cheapest andA simple way to create a rough floor. Consumables: cement and sand are always available, and work on pouring does not require a lot of time. But, despite the cheapness and lack of difficulties in the work, this floor has one significant drawback - it is too cold.
Applying this method - screeds, it should beuse her insulated version. For this purpose, granular slag or expanded clay was previously used, but today foam, fiberglass or mineral wool is used. More details in the article Than to warm the floor in the house.
If you look at such a floor in a section, it will look like a layered pie, where the lower tier is a heater, the upper one is a well-reinforced screed.
To ensure that the coupler is really warm and has lasted for a long time, five main points need to be taken into account during its implementation.
- High-quality waterproofing. If we lose sight of it, the moisture penetrating the soil can cause considerable damage to the floor in the form of fungus and mold. As a waterproofing suitable polyethylene film or a special waterproof barrier, for the manufacture of which bitumen mastic is used.
- Compensating seam. It prevents cracking of the screed lying on the foam, in case of temperature changes. It is quite easy to make such a seam. It is necessary at a height of 15 cm from the base of the floor (around the perimeter of the room) to glue the porous soft material of foamed vinyl.
- Stacking insulation. Used as a heat insulation foam should be packed tightly to each other. If there are crevices when laying the sheets, they should be fixed with a mounting foam. Otherwise, they fill the solution, so-called bridges are formed, along which the cold will penetrate under the floor and make it less warm.
- Reinforcement. The presence of a reinforcing frame will protect the screed from cracking and fracture. As such a framework, you canUse a special mesh or reinforcement. This measure will prolong the service life of the insulated screed.
- Screed. To make a quality screed will help to observe three simple rules. The first rule is to increase the strength of the solution and apply the formula not 1: 4, but 1: 3. The second is to make the screed thickness at least 5 cm. The third is to add a plasticizer to the solution (increasing the amount of cement will enhance the cracking of the screed, the plasticizer will help to avoid this).
The insulated screed is a fairly simple method(under the power to perform and not professionals), but with low efficiency. Paul, of course, will become warmer, but not enough to walk on it barefoot. If opportunities allow, it is possible to resort to more effective technologies.
Floor heating systems
Unlike the version with a screed, the system of a warm floor is best entrusted to professionals. Specialists will do everything in a high-quality and on time, in addition, you will receive guarantees for the work done.
There are three versions of floor heating systems: electric, infrared and water. If there is water heating in the house, the latter method is preferable.
Water heating system
The heat carrier in this system is hot water. It is distributed over pipes,hidden under the screed, with the help of a specialcollector (distributive comb). How to install such a system? Pipe laying occurs immediately after laying the foam and before pouring the screed. The foamed heat-reflecting screen is covered with foam foil, the reinforced mesh is placed on top, then the pipes are laid with hinges every 15 cm. All this is poured with a reinforced solution into which fibrous fiber is added.
Electrical heating system
The electrical floor can be cable orcable with reinforcing mesh. Before starting the work, a plan for the placement of heating elements is made. They can not be laid in places where there will be large furniture. It will prevent the outflow of heat, and the heating elements can overheat and fail, the furniture itself may also suffer. This, perhaps, is the only drawback of this method, since subsequently it will not be possible to rearrange furniture to other places.
The electrical floor heating system is laid on the waterproofing and the insulation layer, the top is using a screed.
Infrared heating system
Infrared (film) heating system used for laying under linoleumor laminate. Mount it in a screed or under a tile is strictly prohibited. Over the already existing screed you need to lay a layer of foamed polyethylene with a foil surface, it will play the role of a heater. Then electric heating elements are placed, a layer of waterproofing is added again, and then the floor covering itself is laid.
Floor heating systems have one significant drawback - they can not be used in combination with wooden flooring. In this case, it is possible to insulate the floors of a wooden house in the following way.
Insulated wooden flooring
The tree itself is a warm material, and if it is required to insulate such a flooring, it is important to do everything right. Otherwise, instead of a positive effect, one can obtainnegative - insulation, laid undera wooden floor, will deprive it of normal ventilation, and wood under such conditions will collapse much faster. To prevent this from happening, with the warming of the wooden flooring, much attention is paid to the process of waterproofing.
The work itself consists in the laying of a heaterbetween the lags. In the case of wooden flooring polystyrene is better not to use, and replace it with mineral wool. The foam plastic is vapor-proof, and with it the necessary ventilation of the underground will not work. Mineral wool is much more practical, but it should also not be packed too tightly and filling the space up - you need to leave at least 5 cm of space between the wooden flooring and the heater.
Another simple way to warm the floor
If you want to warm the floor quickly and at minimal cost, you can use the following method.
- Remove the floor covering.
- The bottom layer is covered with ruberoid. It will prevent absorption by the next layer of moisture from the substrate.
- Sand on the roofing material and level it over the entire surface.
- On the sand put the film (preferably in several layers).
- The building stapler or nails layers the film attached to the base.
- The next layer consists of a penoplex. This material has excellent thermal insulation characteristics. In addition, it is not combustible, chemically inert, environmentally friendly, capable of absorbing sounds, fits in all grooves and cracks.
- The last component of the floor is the chipboard. The chipboard can be laid in one or even two layers.
At this stage, the insulation is finished and you can return the floor covering.
More information on this topic you can find in the article of our resource - Than to warm the floor.