How to flash Philips?
Watch the video
Many smartphone users in thisThe Dutch company is wondering how to flash Philips. The need to install a new firmware may be due to the desire to have a later version of the software or the need to troubleshoot the system.
Firmware can be a stock, official,released by the manufacturer or custom, unofficial, made by third-party developers. When choosing the firmware, you should take into account that when using custom firmware manufacturer's warranty for repairs is lost.
Whichever firmware you install, remember,that before and after the installation of any firmware it is necessary to make backups (backup copies). In addition, the phone during the firmware should be charged at least half.
To install the official firmware:
- Connect your smartphone to an available wi-fi network.
- Go to the Settings menu - About phone - System updates.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
To install an unofficial firmware:
- Download the recovery file for your model (see here).
- Download a special utility for flashing smartphones (for example, CWM Recovery) and scatter-file (it is searched individually for the model, you can also look at the Unlockers forum).
- Turn off the smartphone, remove and re-insert the battery.
- Connect your smartphone with a usb cable to your PC or laptop.
- Install the drivers.
- Disconnect the usb cable from the computer.
- Run the utility for the firmware of the android-devices.
- Run Scatter-loading and select the scatter file and recovery.
- Leave the checkmark just opposite the recovery.img.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Wait until the firmware is installed.
After installing the firmware it is necessary to makefull reset of data using the program ClockWorkMod. Attention! This will delete all user information on your smartphone. You can restore all contact information afterwards using your personal Google account. Applications and games will have to be reinstalled.
For more tips, see How to flash the phone yourself.