How to disassemble the remote control?
Watch the video
Each house has household appliances, whichworks from the remote control. Over time, the remote may fail for various reasons. And in order to fix or clean the device, you need to disassemble it.
How to disassemble the remote control
To perform this procedure, you need only a small screwdriver or a kitchen knife (better blunt).
- Before you start, you must remove the batteries or batteries by opening the back cover of the device.
- If the battery compartment contains fixingfasteners - means the remote is dismantled by unscrewing them. Just unscrew the bolts or cogs to disassemble the body of the device. Otherwise, the upper and lower parts of the body are interconnected by internal snap-on elements.
- Insert the tip of the screwdriver into the junction of the body parts and gently pry one of them, while applying sufficient force.
Tips & Warnings
- The disadvantage of the method is that there isrisk of scratching the body of the console or even breaking snap-fasteners. Therefore, if you do not want to spoil the aesthetic appearance of the device, then use a plastic or rubber tool;
- Before disassembling the device, lay a white sheet of paper to avoid losing small parts;
- If there are fasteners, remember their location, as there may be difficulties in further assembly;
- If the batteries are in an oxidized state,then their replacement is required. If possible, use batteries (not oxidizable and have a long service life). For the correct operation of the remote control, it will also be necessary to clean the contacts and remove contaminants;
- If the battery compartment cover is broken, it is better to replace it;
- Be careful with small parts and chips.
How to clean the remote control
- Remove the batteries or batteries from the compartment and disassemble the device as described above.
- The disassembled device consists of a casing, a microcircuit and a rubber gasket with buttons for control. All elements must be thoroughly cleaned.
- Gently remove dirt from the chip,using a soft cloth with a cleaning solution (you can use a small amount of shampoo, dishwashing detergent or a normal soap). Do not use hard brushes and sponges, as it is possible to damage the sputtering of the chip, on which the remote control depends. In extreme cases, you can clean the circuit with your hands. For better effect, the cleanser can be replaced with alcohol (cologne, vodka and other alcohol-containing liquids will not work). Do not wet the board too much. At the end of the procedure, carefully dry the circuit (you can use a hairdryer).
- Rubber gasket and body can be cleaned ofdirt and grease, rinsing the product under a stream of warm water. Allow parts to dry thoroughly to avoid rapid oxidation of the internal contacts of the remote control or the device's malfunction (use a hairdryer or dry parts on the battery).
- Then, assemble the remote control, insert the batteries and check the operation of the device.
- If any of the buttons do not work, thenthe problem is not mud. In this case, replacement of faulty keys is required. To fix the problem you need to purchase a repair kit (you can buy it in the department of household goods). The kit includes new buttons and silicone adhesive. Glue the buttons in place of the old ones on the rubber gasket and allow to dry.
By the way, the correct operation of the remote control depends on its setting. Tips for automatic and manual tuning look in our article How to configure a universal remote.
If your device has failed completelyand its cleaning does not help restore the efficiency of the console, then do not rush to purchase a new device. From the usual tools, you can make a new device yourself. How - read in the article How to make a control panel.