How to cut jeans?
Watch the video
Want to give a second life to old jeans orto make of neat new jeans pants something more hooligan? Or, perhaps, plan to turn long pants into sexy and stylish shorts? There is nothing easier! We'll tell you how, with the help of several improvised tools, it's nice to cut off jeans or give them a grunge look.
Making holes on jeans
To gently cut your jeans, useconventional scissors or, for example, a blade. You will also need sandpaper. Instead, you can take, for example, a metal grater for the feet. In addition, prepare a pencil or a small thin piece of dry soap and tweezers.
- First, mark with a pencil or a piecedry soap line incision. In order not to cut through the pant leg, put something hard under the cut (a small plank, folded magazine, etc.). Use a pair of scissors or a blade to make two cuts.
- Now use tweezers to remove the blue threads perpendicular to the white threads. As a result, you will have a beautiful neat string of white threads.
- You can also just make a single cutscissors and walk on it with sandpaper or a grater - this will allow you to pull out the white threads of the denim fabric, making the edges of the cut more cute.
When making incisions, keep in mind that the dimensions of the holes in the process of wearing and after each washing will increase, and therefore do not make them initially too large.
Also it is possible to do figured cutouts, preliminary having planned on a fabric the necessary drawing. To the edges of the figure do not creep, glue them with non-woven cloth with a hot iron.
- To properly trim the jeans, first try them in front of the mirror and determine the length of future shorts or breeches. Make notes with dry soap, pencil or pins.
- Remove the pants and centimeter measure the exact length of the future product. Swipe on both sides of each leg line, on which you will donotches. If you want to fold the edge of the shorts after that, be sure to leave the necessary amount of centimeters before cutting off the jeans.
- Take sharp scissors and cut through the lines unnecessary fabric.
The edges will look more interesting if youwalk on them with sandpaper, pumice stone or a metal grater for feet (you can also use a kitchen grater). If you want, on the contrary, to cover the ragged edges, you can, for example, sew lace to them. For those who do not know how to sew, the real rescue will be a special lace tape on an adhesive basis, which is fastened to the fabric in a matter of seconds with the help of an iron. You can buy it in shops for sewing.