How to cook Uzbek pilaf?
Culinary art of Central Asia retains itsstrong positions far beyond their native land are absolutely deserved. There are no indifferent people to shurpa, chebureks, yantik, tandyr samsa. Tasting all these oriental delights, subconsciously I want to learn how to do them myself. Let's start with the most popular and tell you how to cook Uzbek pilaf.
Features of Uzbek pilaf
To understand how to cook Uzbek pilaf,it is necessary to know its features. Plov consists of zirvak and groats. Zirvak is a meat and vegetable mixture, the groats are mostly rice (there are peas, mung beans, corn). In the Uzbek version, the dirwak and the cereal are prepared together. This is the first feature of this pilau. The next distinctive feature is the mixing of vegetable and animal fat. A special place is occupied by the preliminary calcination of the oil, the sequence of the laying and the processing time of the components of the pilaf.
Equipment and equipment
Classically, the dish is cooked on an open fire. To properly cook Uzbek pilaf you need to have a tripod and a cauldron. Kazan should be thick-walled (cast iron, aluminum, copper) with a wide bottom and low walls. The fire is wooded, and the force of the flame is regulated, by throwing firewood, breaking into coals, or vice versa. Necessarily need a noise.
Correct product set
For a classic Uzbek pilau you need lamb. Best suits brisket, but do not be afraid to use both shoulder blade and hind leg. Plovu needs flesh, but a small amount of meat with bones is allowed.
The most correct grade for Central Asian pilaf is "Dev-zira" or Uzgen red rice. You can use a replacement. Remember, rice should be strong, transparent with medium-long grains.
Oil and grease
For pilaf it is customary to use cottonseed oil, substitute may be corn oil or sunflower oil (but there should be no flavor). As an animal fat, fattening fat is used.
Onions, garlic, yellow carrots (often used common).
Hot pepper in the pods, seeds of cumin (zira), salt.
The ratio of the number of ingredients
Meat, rice, carrots - 1 kilogram, 3-4 bulbs, garlic - 2-3 heads, vegetable oil 300 ml, pepper bitter 2 pods, zira - tablespoon.
So, now it remains to practically cook Uzbek pilaf.
Meat is cut into large cubes, bone partscan simply be reduced in size. Fat is formed by small pieces. Onions are cut into half rings, one onion remains intact. Carrots can not be rubbed, cut into strips. Straw is large, cut long, but it is a tribute to the classic recipe. Garlic is cleaned from the rhizome, we remove the upper skin, leaving the teeth clamped.
The rice is washed beforehand and thoroughly. The water must be clear. The washed rice remains in pre-salted water for about an hour.
The sequence of actions, the maximum fire:
- We warm the cauldron on fire. We pour vegetable oil into the hot cauldron.
- In the heated oil we throw a small whole bulb. After the onion is browned, remove it.
- Now add mutton fat. It is needed to add flavor to vegetable oil. As fat is gilded, we extract it.
- We lower the mutton bones into the cauldron. We add salt and zirch by pinch. The color of the meat on the mutton bones should be saturated brown. Fry to this color.
- Next turn for the onion. Stirring. It is browned until golden brown.
- Further, the pulp of lamb is added. Everything is mixed. Meat should be fried, and not stew. It will be enough for him 10 minutes.
- Carrots are added after the meat. We mix it thoroughly for 10 minutes and move on.
- In the prepared frying pour hot orwarm (only not cold) water. The amount of it on our composition is about 1 liter. It should be about 1 cm to cover the frying pan. As soon as the sauce boils, add the garlic whole heads and pods bitter pepper (only whole).
This is the Zirvak, which plays an important role in how to properly cook Uzbek pilaf.
The intensity of the fire is removed to a stable small boil. The process lasts about 30 minutes.
- At this time, prepare the rice for the bookmark. We merge water from it.
- We extract from the cauldron mutton bones, garlic and pepper (temporarily set aside).
- We regulate the presence of salt, zirvak should be slightly salted.
- We increase the intensity of the fire to the maximum.
- The rice is shifted into a cauldron by a noise, gradually covering the zirvak.
- The rice is smoothed by a noisy, rice and a dirwak can not be stirred.
- You work exclusively with a skimmer and only with rice, helping it to soak with juices and fat zirvak.
- As the rice absorbs liquid from the zirvak, reduce the intensity of the fire.
- A sample of rice. Rice comes from the middle. If it is harsh, it is necessary to add a glass of hot water. By moving the noise over the rice, helping the water to penetrate the zirvak. If the rice is elastic, then we make a hole in its mass and return the bones, garlic and pepper, fall asleep in this hole 1-2 teaspoons of zira. The hole is buried in rice and smoothed with a noise.
- Now we close the inner area of the cauldron with an enamel bowl or lid. A towel is laid along the edges of the lid.
- A fire under the cauldron is dismantled, down to the coals. The heat of heated Kazan will be enough. In this form, the kazan still stays for about 25 minutes.
We uncover the cauldron, we remove garlic, pepper, bones. The remainder of the pilaf is thoroughly mixed and served. Now you know exactly how to cook Uzbek pilaf.
Traditionally, a salad of onion, red pepper and salt is served to the pilaf.