How to cook pepper?
Watch the video
Summer is a great time for cookinga variety of dishes from pepper (Bulgarian, "Swallow", bitter). One of the dishes you can eat right away, and others to prepare for the winter. We suggest using our recipes to taste delicious and original pepper.
How to make sweet pepper
Pepper in the oven
- sweet pepper - 10 pieces;
- vinegar balsamic - 1 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil - 5 tablespoons;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- salt and spices to taste.
- Cut off the top of the peppers. Properly peel the peppers from the seeds through a round hole. Rinse them from the outside and inside under the faucet.
- Each pepper oil with vegetable oil.>
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the pan on the lower level, and on the middle - the grate.
- Put on the grate oiled pepper. For 15 minutes, open the oven from time to time and turn the vegetable over.
- After cooking, place the peppers in a cellophane bag, tie it and leave the vegetables to cool. This is done in order to peel off the peppers took off easily and quickly.
- At this time, prepare the sauce. To do this, mix balsamic vinegar with squashed garlic, salt and spices.
- Cooled peppers get out of the bag and peel them off.
- Cut the baked peppers into squares and place them in a deep bowl. Top with sauce, stir.
From sweet pepper it is possible to prepare and an independent dish. Try fragrant and healthy stuffed peppers with sauce.
- Bulgarian pepper or "Swallow" - 8 pieces;
- minced beef - 400 gr;
- boiled rice - 150 g;
- carrots - 2 pieces;
- onion - 2 pcs;
- vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons;
- sour cream - 150 gr;
- ketchup - 2 tablespoons;
- salt and spices to taste.
- Sliced onions and grated carrots mix and divide into 2 equal parts.
- Fry the first part of the vegetables in vegetable oil.
- Mix the minced meat, fried onions with carrots and boiled rice. Add salt and spices.
- Prepare the peppers. To do this, cut off the top of each pepper and remove all the seeds. Wash peppers outside and inside.
- Put the stuffing in peppers stuffing.
- Put the second half of onions and carrots into a large saucepan.
- In a separate container, mix ketchup and sour cream. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and mix everything.
- Top with peppers in the same pan. Add water to them so that it reaches about the middle of the peppers.
- Cook the dish for 40 minutes over medium heat.
An excellent solution to always ready-made snacks is pickled Bulgarian pepper in cans.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1,5 kg;
- garlic - 2 pieces;
- tomato paste - 4 tablespoons;
- vegetable oil - 250 ml;
- bay leaves - 6 pcs;
- Mustard seeds - 2 gr;
- acetic essence - 1 tablespoon;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- salt - 1 tablespoon;
- pepper peas - 2 gr.
- Cut off the top of each pepper and clean the inside of the seeds. Rinse the peppers and cut them into cubes. Put the vegetables in a large saucepan.
- Add pepper, chopped garlic, mustard, vegetable oil and bay leaf to the pan.
- Pour the water so that it slightly covers the peppers.
- Boil the dish under the lid for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Then add salt to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After that, place the tomato paste on the pepper, and mix it thoroughly. Leave on the stove for another 10 minutes.
- Put the prepared dish in sterilized jars. Add the vinegar essence (1 tablespoon per 1 liter of product). Roll the jars with boiled lids. Turn the jars of lids down and roll with a blanket. You can store marinated peppers in the pantry.
For more information about preserving pepper, see our article How to pickle pepper.
How to cook hot pepper
We suggest to make a snack from an acutecanned pepper. To do this, let's turn to the Caucasian cuisine, which will tell you how to make a bitter pepper. The appetizer will have a spicy aroma and taste with a slight sourness. Crispy pickled pepper will be to the liking of lovers of the spicy.
- any bitter capsicum;
- pepper with peas;
- Bay leaf;
- acetic essence.
- Prepare the pepper. To do this, cut the stems, pull out the seeds and rinse it from all sides.
- In sterilized jars, lay out all the ingredients (garlic, dill, bay leaf, bell pepper and salt).
- Place the bitter pepper on top as tightly as possible to each other.
- Pour boiling water into the jar.
- Banks roll with boiled lids. Turn them upside down and wrap them in a blanket. Leave in this form until the cans cool down completely.