How to cook classic hot and cold beetroot soup: step-by-step recipes of beetroot soup with meat and ham, kefir and kvass with photos
Beet soup -beetroot souporfridge maker- a dish that has its fans, but it has been familiar to many from childhood. Beetroot soup is considered the closest relative of borscht, and indeed, the sets of products for these two dishes are almost identical. But the “strategy and tactics” of preparation may differ drastically. In addition, unlike borscht, which has one traditional, basic recipe, variations of cooking beetroot soup - dozens, and we consider the most delicious of them.
The main thing in the article
General rules for cooking beetroot soup
Beetroot soup is considered the easiest soup to make.Often, novice chefs who learn to cook a delicious borsch are stuffed in the beetroot soup.
So, as we found out,beetroot soup can be hot or cold, the latter is most often calledfridgewhich is very popular in Belarus.
- The composition of the beetroot can be modified, depending on what ingredients you prefer. This dish is pretty hard to spoil, it is often served even in ordinary canteens, with a minimum list of products in the composition.
- The main thing that hot beetroot differs from borsch, is the absence of cabbage in the dish.
- Beetroot soup is cooked most often with meat, and the fridge - without it, replacing the meat ingredient with ham, smoked meats or just limited to a set of seasonal vegetables.
- Beet fridge cooked on the principle of okroshka: all components of the dish are boiled separately, then cut, mixed and dressed to the taste of the cook before serving, and the options for "fillings" can be:
kefir, whey, tan or other dairy product.
In addition, beetroot soup is always refueled with sour cream, the fat content of which is selected based on personal preferences.
The constant components of decorating the dish before serving are boiled egg and chopped greens.
Selection of products for beetroot
A set of products for the preparation of beetroot can vary dramatically depending on whether you are cooking hot (winter) soup or cold (summer) soup. Buttraditional ingredientsfor soup are:
- beets (if possible, choose a root vegetable with a rich color and sweet taste);
- leek or bulb;
- spices for savory taste - laurel, aromatic pepper, salt;
- sour cream;
- the greens you like.
Concerningholodnik, here to the classic components are added:
- cucumbers can be pickled, salted or fresh;
- ham (optional);
- lemon juice or vinegar (on the principle of okroshka);
- boiled egg;
- spring onions;
- fill, which can befermented milk products or kvass.
In many recipes, the fridge is prepared without the addition of potatoes and carrots.
The classic recipe for hot beetroot
Although the beetroot soup, many people know how cold soup that cools well in the summer heat, nothing prevents us from cooking and eating it hot,Especially since there is a special one for this - a classic recipe for this delicious soup. Armed with this set of products:
- beets - 2 root vegetables of 200-250 g each;
- carrots - 2 things;
- potatoes 4-5;
- tomatoes - about 0.5 kg;
- onion - 1-2;
- butter for frying;
- salt - 1.5-2 tablespoons;
- greens - dill, onion feathers - little by little;
- lemon juice or concentrate - on request.
- we clean the beets and shred them with a thin straw;
- we do the same with carrots;
- peel potatoes and cut into cubes;
- clean the onions from the husks and cut them finely;
- Scald tomatoes with boiling water and "undress" them.
Boil water in a saucepan, add some salt and put potatoes in it. In the meantime, we make an onion and half of the harvested carrots in a frying pan.
When the vegetables in the pan are slightly penetrated, add 0.5 cooked beets to the same place and continue to fry for 5-7 minutes, not forgetting to stir.
When the potatoes reach half-ready, we send the second half of beets and carrots to it and boil everything over low heat.
Prepare the cut tomatoes and add to the fry, simmer another 5 minutes. Meanwhile, the vegetables that continue to boil are almost ready.Pour our broil, spices and boil them all together for another 3-5 minutes.
At the end of cooking, adjust the taste: add a little lemon, or add sugar. Classic beetroot ready! When serving do not forget to flavor it with sour cream and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Beetroot recipe with meat
To make your beetroot soup more satisfying, cook it with meat, which one - choose yourself, but the classic for beet soup isbeef, and to make the dish to taste more delicate and dietary, give preferencechicken breast. Prepare:
- Half a kilo of meat (if beef or pork, it is better to take on the bone);
- 2 small beetroot;
- 4 tubers of potatoes;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- oil preferred for frying;
- greens and sour cream.
- Put the meat in cold water and cook it until ready (for beef 70-90 minutes, for chicken - 30-35 minutes).
- Finished meat is taken out of the broth, cooled and ground to an acceptable value (as you want to see the meat in the plate).
- Put the sliced meat back into the broth.
- Wash vegetables and clean.
- Cut the potatoes as we like, but not too large, three beets with carrots, onions give the appearance of a small cube.
- On butter, bring onions to translucency, add roots to it, except potatoes.
- In a boiling broth we pour in potatoes and black pepper with Lavrushka, boil everything for about 7 minutes.
- In a saucepan, pour vegetable roasting and cook beetroot until all components are ready for about 5 minutes.
- At the very end, salt the soup, if necessary, flavoring with lemon juice and a couple of spoons of sugar.
- Beetroot serving is unchanged - with sour cream, generously sprinkling your favorite greens.
Cold beetroot soup: step by step recipe with photos
Prepare this cold soup with cucumbers, and fresh or salted, they will be - you decide. This beetroot soup will be lean, refreshing, light - just what you need in the summer heat - a great alternative to okroshka!
- We wash the beets thoroughly, cut them in half and send them to boil in a saucepan, add salt after boiling. As boiling water can be topped up in the pot.
- Boil the potatoes in their skins, then let them cool, clean and dice.
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes, clean, wash with water and cut into cubes.
- When the beets are ready, we take it out of the water, clean it and rub it on a large grater, and so that it does not lose its color and glass - pour it with lemon juice after rubbing it.
- In the broth from the beets also add the lemon component (juice or acid concentrate), if necessary, add salted or sweetened.
- Add to the broth grated beetroot and remove cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, chop the greens, cut the cucumbers into thin stripes or dice.
- All mixed with eggs and potatoes.
- Lay out our “cocktail” on plates, pour over cooled beetroot “with pulp”, add a spoonful of sour cream and decorate with half a boiled egg.
To make the taste of the dish richer, and the soup itself more high-calorie, add a little diced chicken breast or beef tenderloin, previously boiled, into the overall “cocktail”.
Beetroot recipe with fresh cucumbers and radishes
Fresh cucumber will give the beetroot a touch of freshness, making it juicy, and its texture - crispy and appetizing, and radish will give the taste of piquancy dishes.
- We clean the potatoes and beets, three grated root vegetables large enough, boil on low heat and cool.
- Chop finely all the greens, cucumbers - into small pieces, radishes - straws.
- We lay out all the sliced ingredients in the cooled beet soup, salt, pepper to taste, mix and ship in the cold for 30-40 minutes.
- Spill the soup in the dishes, decorate with greens and serve, adding a spoonful of sour cream.
You can go an alternative way: all components of beetroot - beet, boiled until cooked and grated, potatoes, cucumbers, eggs and greens mixed in a separate container, then flavor them with sour cream and add the fill to taste - beet broth, kefir, tan or kvass.
Beetroot with pickled cucumbers
To give piquancy to the beetroot holger, you can add pickled cucumbers to it: we’ll get something in betweenpickleand okroshka. But it will be something extraordinarily tasty, original and refreshing. Justreplace fresh cucumbers in a dish with pickledand see how the traditional taste of the dish changes. But know that when adding pickled cucumbers, you need to put a little less salt than in a “company” with fresh ones.
Beetroot soup with pickled cucumbers is best to fill with sour cream in combination with beet-meat broth or kefir of light fat content. If you use kvass, the taste of the dish may seem slightly specific to you.
Beetroot on kefir: photo-recipe for summer soup
Beetroot on kefir is a special delicacy that will not leave indifferent any admirer of cold borscht and okroshka. Try to cook such a refreshing dish in the heat. Prepare the classic ingredients for cold beetroot:
- beets, already boiled and peeled - 2 small fruits;
- boiled potatoes - 3-4 pieces;
- hard boiled eggs - 2 pieces;
- spring onions;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- citric acid or fresh juice - by eye;
- Onions - 2 heads - blue and white.
As a fill, choose medium-fat yogurt. To understand what's what, our photo-recipe will help you.
Beetroot recipe on kvass
In general, the classic fridge is made on homemade kvass. In the heat of summer, many housewives make kvass from bread at home, so why not cook this delicious dish?
- Home-made kvass on bread - 1.5 l;
- 2 medium-sized beets;
- 2 fresh cucumbers;
- 2 eggs + 1 for decoration;
- 0.5 tablespoons sour cream;
- 0.5 tablespoons of salt;
- green onions, dill - on a small bunch;
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice.
- All vegetables are washed and peeled.
- Cook the beets for 1.5 hours, cool and chop into thin straws, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cucumbers are also crushed into strips, eggs are cut into cubes, green onion in small circles.
- We place all the products in the tureen, add sour cream, salt, mix and fill with kvass.
- Adjust the taste by adding citric acid or sugar.
- Spreading beetroot in portions, sprinkle with chopped dill and put half of the boiled eggs.
Recipe beetroot in kindergarten
In order for the kids to eat beetroot with pleasure, you need to cook it with some tricks. What kind? We suggest you to listen to the following culinary lesson and to please the children with a tasty and useful soup as in kindergarten.
Beetroot recipe with eggs and ham
Adding such a component as ham to the traditional cold beetroot, we get a more satisfying dish that tastes like okroshka. Choose cooking options for kefir, kvass or beet broth from those listed above, add lightly smoked ham, chopped cube eggs and enjoy the nutritious flavor of summer dishes.
- In the beetroot with ham, you can not add potatoes, a dish, and so it turns out high-calorie and quite thick.
- The ham cooler will be very tasty with both pickled cucumbers and fresh ones.If you can not choose - add one cucumber of each type.
- For a more fresh and light taste of the dish, add finely shredded radish to the ham cooler.
Cold beetroot soup with curd and greens: an original recipe
Let's diversify the rather traditional taste of beetroot with a creamy hint, but at the same time make it a little sharper. We will have a soup that can be served to gourmets and supporters of non-standard flavor combinations. Select the ingredients:
- 0.5 kg of boiled beets;
- 1 fresh or pickled cucumber;
- curd mass unsweetened - packing 200 g;
- high fat cream or milk - 1 l;
- a pair of garlic cloves;
- 1 small onion
- a generous bunch of greens (onions, dill);
- salt pepper;
- sour cream - a couple of tablespoons.
- Onions and cooked beets, peeled, coarsely chopped.
- In a blender, bring vegetables to the pasty state, mix the mass with cottage cheese.
- In a container with vegetables and cottage cheese pour milk or cream, chopped greens, squeeze garlic. Salt and pepper are added if desired.
- Soup is served, flavored with sour cream, sprinkled with dill, garnished with half a boiled egg.
Tips: how to cook the most delicious beetroot
If you have read the recipes that we have prepared for you above, then do not doubt that you will already be able to surprise your relatives and loved ones with a variety of delicious hot and cold beetroots. Finally, we give a few more recent recommendations for making the perfect beet soup.
- It is said that the most delicious beetroot leaves in late summer - early autumn - the very season of vegetables that are involved in the preparation of this dish. Beets, potatoes, carrots - everything is young, fresh and juicy.
- In the hot beetroot laid first potatoes, and then zazhivaetsya zazharka with beets.
- In order for your fridge maker to come out not only tasty, but also beautiful, make sure that the beets retain their characteristic color. To do this, add a little vinegar to the pan when cooking, and after you have grated or chopped beets, sprinkle it with lemon juice.
- To preserve vitamins and color, try baking beets in the oven, rather than boiling it in water.
- Without seasoning beetroot will have a rather unpleasant taste, so feel free to use them. At the same time, it is often necessary to adjust the taste of the dish by adding sugar, and finely grated cloves of garlic will help make the taste spicier.
- Often the classic beetroot soup is prepared with the addition of beet tops soup, which is pretreated with boiling water and finely shredded.
- The broth, in which the beets were boiled, can be stored in the refrigerator for a week, and the longer, the tastier it becomes. Each time you can cook new ingredients for the beetroot soup, pouring them with infused decoction and each time getting a new dish with a fresh taste.