How to connect the stove?
Watch the video
In the winter, when on the street minustemperature, in order not to freeze from the cold, it is necessary to have a built-in stove in the car. Of course, all modern models are equipped with this device, but if your machine's thermal system has failed, we'll tell you how to connect the stove in good condition.
Choice of stove
Stoves for cars are divided into two categories, depending on the method of connection:
- The stoves that are connected through the cigarette lighter;
- The stoves, which are connected directly to the heating system of the car itself.
The first option is no different from a conventional home heater. It consumes a lot of energy and is not very convenient to operate - it will not be possible to set the parameters with the regular means of the machine.
The second option is more economical and in the future will be more convenient to use. On this option, and stop.
Connecting the stove
Connecting the stove is a simple process, the main thing is to familiarize yourself with the instruction so that at the time of connection nothing gets mixed up with hoses and wires.
- It is necessary to put the stove in such a way that it is possible to conveniently arrange all the hoses and wires going to it;
- Then you should do electrical work. Power is only needed for the stove fans. It is recommended to attach the black wire to the car body (mass). The red wire must be connected to the relay, which is responsible for switching on the stove and switching the operating modes. Relay for more convenience is advised to place in the area of the instrument panel. The relay itself needs to be connected to the car battery.
- To do this, the 87th wire should be pulled under the pedals to the positive terminal of the battery;
- Now it is necessary to connect the stove to the coolingsystem of the car. There are two ways to connect: in series and in parallel. Parallel connection is easier and does not require any special knowledge;
- You need to find a hose that goes to the main stove,and cut it in any place convenient for you. Next, connect the location of the cut with a tee of the proper size. The next step is to secure the place of hose and tee jointing with clamps. The same operation should be done with a hose that removes the antifreeze from the main stove;
- It is necessary to attach the hoses that come complete with the stove to the stove and secure them with clamps;
- It is necessary to carefully draw the hoses from the stove under the car rugs and take them to the places where you installed the tees;
- It is necessary to connect hoses to tees using clamps. Be careful: do not mix outgoing and incoming hoses;
- Now it remains only to fill in the necessary amount of antifreeze for the full functioning of the heating system.
At this, the process of connecting the stove can be considered complete. Now you can enjoy a comfortable ride in any weather.
Practical tips for using the stove:
- The temperature in the passenger compartment can be controlled by means of air dampers;
- if there is no desire to buy branded products, use acetic, hydrochloric acid or "Silit" to clean the stove;
- if the interior is warmed up for a long time, check that the air flow channels are not clogged.
More interesting articles on repair and replacement of car components can be found in the section Electrical equipment.