How to connect the alarm?
Watch the video
Every car enthusiast wants to protect hisa vehicle from robbers and hijackers, especially if the car is often left parked in the courtyard of a multi-storey building or on the street. Many modern machines are equipped with a regular protective system, such as an immobilizer (central locking with remote control and locking of the main systems at autopsy). But similar devices are already well studied by experienced attackers, and they know exactly how to disable it. In addition, this equipment can not notify the owner when a situation occurs.
Excellent addition or alternative to factorysecurity systems is a quality alarm system from a well-known manufacturer. By purchasing this device, you significantly complicate the life of offenders if they encroach on your car.
Now that you have purchased the alarm and are readyinstall it on the car, carefully read the instructions that came with it in the kit, and only after that you can proceed with installation.
How to connect the alarm to the car yourself?
First, prepare a set of tools fordismantling of the interior trim of the car, a multimeter with a function of the continuity, a few 3-4 meters of wires, a soldering iron and an insulating tape (can be replaced with a heat shrink tube).
The process of installing and connecting alarms on cars:
- First, we dismantle the inner skin onthe driver's door to access the main central locking unit (since it is the driver's door that establishes the mechanism that transmits the signal to open all other doors).
- We find the wires that connect to the unlocking and locking device of the door and track them to the control unit under the torpedo.
- Depending on the alarm model, we connect the wire or wires to the contacts of the central lock (this is usually one wire).
- We collect the door panel and install itback. In addition, if electronic windows are installed in the car, you can track their wiring to automatically close the windows when alarming (this function depends on the alarm model).
- We find on the metal part of the body under the front panel (closer to the center of the body) an empty seat and fix the impact sensor on it.
- We install the central alarm unit under the torpedo or near the main control unit of the car (so that the attackers would be harder to reach it).
- We connect the central unit with a shock sensor and a wire from the central lock.
- We supply power from the battery terminal or the wiring, which is directly connected to it, to the central unit.
- Next, you need to connect the alarm to the lockignition, usually for this purpose there are contacts on it which are labeled as "ACC" or "Ignition". The place of connection to the ignition system depends on the type of alarm and the model of the car (it is usually indicated in the manual).
- At the next stage we connect to the alarm systemparking lights or emergency. This will give the opportunity to make a visual alert in the event of abnormal situations. In addition, some manufacturers set the alarm function to search for a car: when you press the button of the remote, the car starts sending light and sound signals (very useful in large parking lots).
- Some alarms are equipped with a systemstarter lock or automatic brake activation. To connect these functions will have to be introduced into the basic systems of the car, install them only if you can not do without them.
It is worth noting that it is better to use wiresthe same color for connecting sensors and power supply to the main signaling unit. This will confuse the attacker when you try to disable the alarm.
After you have connected all the wires, you need to configure the alarm and check the correctness of its operation.