How to connect and configure WiFi?
Watch the video
Now almost all family members, includingchildren, have devices that provide access to the Internet: laptops, tablets, smart phones, etc. So sooner or later there is a need to purchase a WiFi router (home router).
After its acquisition, the question arises, "How to connect and configure WiFi?".
How to connect WiFi router correctly
On all WiFi routers there is a common standard for the location of the connectors on the back of the device:
- port WAN - designed to connect the cable of the ISP;
- 4 LAN ports - for connecting computers or laptops using a network patch cord;
- reset button to reset all settings;
- power connector.
To connect and configure WiFi, you just need to connect the patch cord and the network cable to the appropriate connectors and connect the device to the power.
Configuring the Router
For normal operation of the device, it is important not only to connect the wifi router, but also to configure the Wi-Fi network correctly.
- Configuring the network connection. After connecting the router to the computer, a new icon will appear in the "Network Connections" folder. Enter the properties of this network connection and open the "Internet Protocol (TCP / IP)" editing window. Most providers use a connection type "Dynamic IP", so in the settings, specify the automatic receipt of an IP address and DNS server. Or enter the parameters specified by the provider.
- Setting up WiFi distribution. How to make Wi-Fi at home? The router is configured via any Internet browser by entering the IP address of the router in the address bar. For most routers - 192.168.1.1, for TrendNet - 192.168.10.1, for D-Link and NetGear -192.168.0.1. After entering the user name and password (admin by default), the administration panel of the router will open, in which you need to make the settings specified in the instructions to the device.