How to apply self-tanning?
Watch the video
No time to escape to the sea? And you want to have a beautiful smooth tan giving the body a shine. Autosunburn is a quick, easy and safe way.
First of all, let's figure out what a self-tan is, likeacts on the skin, is it harmful, and then already and consider how to apply self-tanning. This product manufacturers offer in the form of gel, cream or milk, the main active ingredient is a monosaccharide - this is an organic substance, so it is harmless for the skin (at least, so say the specialists). Effects self-tanning by the interaction of its active substances with the upper layer of the skin, due to which the brown pigment (melanoid) is formed. Similarly, experts argue that tanning does not only not have a negative effect on the skin, but also saves it from the effects of ultraviolet rays.
Apply self-tanning: preparation
Now we can proceed directly to the consideration of the question: how to apply self-tanning.
- So, the remedy was chosen, the skin needs to be prepared in advance (it can be done in a week). How? Use a scrub to exfoliate the keratinized particles on the body, or use a special washcloth.
- After the last procedure for exfoliation shouldto pass 2 days. This is done for a better and even distribution of the remedy on the body, because on clean skin any remedy will lie better. Two days will be required to restore the skin after applying the scrub.
- Also remove excess hairs from the body you need one day before the procedure.
- Before applying the autosunburn you need to take a shower with a regular gel or soap, dry off and you can start.
- We put the moisturizing cream on the body, we put on the gloves (the self-tan on the palms will not look right), take the cotton pad and apply it to the skin, evenly spreading over the surface with a thin layer.
- In the area of elbows, knees, collarbone, the agent is applied even less, since these zones are naturally darker than the basic skin tone.
How to apply a self-tanning spray
The procedure for applying self-tanning in a can,almost nothing is different from the gel or milk. With the only difference, the spray is applied to dry skin every 25 cm and spreads over the surface. After a certain time (indicated on the package), as a rule, 10 minutes, the excess is removed with a paper towel.
If the tint of autosunburn does not suit, you can repeat the procedure, but only after 2 hours.
It is also necessary to protect the skin from contact with water, that is, do not take a shower for 12 hours, do not sweat intensively (doing gym work), do not apply moisturizers.
If you used autosunburn in the form of a cream, gel or milk, then a moisturizer is recommended on the contrary, to better consolidate the effect immediately after soaking in the tan.
How to apply self-tanning on the face
Just like the body, the skin of the face must be prepared,to clean from keratinized particles, to straighten the line of eyebrows, all this must be done the day before applying the tan. If you discolour the hairs on the face, then this should be done after applying the tan. Apply the product on the face gradually without any thorough rubbing. Avoid getting the product on the eyebrows and eyelashes (you can apply a fat cream on them), this also applies to the hair growth line, otherwise the yellow line may turn out, especially if the hair is light in color.
And the last question: how to apply self-tanning smoothly. To get a dark, even tint of sunburn, apply any tool in several stages, rather than superimpose a thick layer at once.