Follow these 9 rules and your tomato seedlings at home will be just gorgeous!
Tomatoes almost everyone loves, and not one gardener has a question whether to grow them or not. Tomatoes are red, pink and yellow, orange and crimson. For summer residents and gardeners in general, many opportunities are open for experiments and growing tomatoes. Tomatoes can be grown both in the open field and in the greenhouse or greenhouse, varieties are early ripening and ripening late, sweet small and large fleshy.
Practically, the inhabitants of the entire territory of our country have the only opportunity to plant and grow tomatoes in the garden - this is tomato seedlings at home, and it does not matter whether the gardener has a greenhouse or a greenhouse. Therefore, any gardener, having removed the last crop of tomatoes, is already thinking about how to grow tomato seedlings at home for next year.
9 rules and growing seedlings of tomatoes at home will lead to high-quality tomatoes
- First, calculate the period when tomato seedlings will be planted in open ground. Planting takes place in 50-60 days from the date of first shoots. That is, the planting of tomato seeds in the seedlings should occur in the first decade of June, when there should be no frost anymore. Then the optimal time when sowing tomatoes for seedlings should be at the end of March. If the tomatoes are transplanted into a greenhouse, then you can sow tomato seeds on seedlings in February.
- Before sowing, be sure to spar the seeds. For a day, seeds are placed in water no colder than 20 degrees with a fertilizer. Capacity for such a process can even be in the form of a conventional plastic canister.
- At the end of the bubbling period, the seeds are laid out on a damp gauze or napkin and covered with it. The material should not be very wet, only slightly wet. It is important for him to ensure a regular flow of air.
- After the appearance of sprouts, you can prepare the ground and capacity for disembarkation. It is important to remember that one seed has about 2 to 3 square centimeters of soil.The depth of the tank for growing seedlings of tomatoes should be about 10 centimeters, so you can calmly moisten the soil.
- You should not wait until all the seeds on the material hatch, they do not grow evenly. One seed germinated produce sowing of tomatoes in the seedlings, the second - planted, and so on.
- As soon as good sprouts appear from the ground, they should be provided with sufficient lighting. If this is not the case, then the plants will go to a height, since they have no roots yet. This means that a large stem and a weak root will grow that will not withstand planting in open ground, and even if it takes root, it will not give a good harvest.
- Those who grow up tomato seedlings at home on the windowsill in an apartment building, it is better to close the curtains at night for the windows so that they can rest. After all, to achieve a full night in an urban setting is almost impossible - lights are always on, nearby windows. And the plant does not understand that night has come, and therefore does not rest and is trying to grow. This state of affairs only worsens the growth of the seedling, and it develops exclusively upwards.
- After the seedling reaches the proper size, it should be hardened.Usually, at night, seedlings are brought to a room with a lower temperature, and during the day they are allowed to bask in the sun. But the level of illumination must be observed, regardless of the ambient temperature.
- Watering an important part in how to grow tomato seedlings. It is not worth much to moisten the soil in which the tomatoes grow, as this can lead to plant disease. The overmoistening of the land in which tomato seedlings live at home and the lack of light can be indicated by their yellowing.
Planting tomato seedlings in 2018
To more accurately navigate the time when planting tomato seedlings in 2017, here are the recommendations of the lunar planting calendar by day.
- in February 2018, these are the 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 25, 26 and 28 numbers
- In March, tomatoes are best planted 1, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 28
- April is the best landing days for tomatoes - 17, 18, 21, 22, 27, 28
- May when to plant tomatoes: 18, 19, 24, 25, 26.