Fireplace hood: overview, features, types and technology of the installation
The kitchen hood is an essential attribute. On the extent to which this equipment is properly selected, the purity and microclimate of all housing depends. A wide range of devices allows you to purchase a suitable model for any design project. One of the most interesting options is a fireplace hood. What kinds of it exist, how to choose and mount correctly, we will consider in more detail.
Why "fireplace" hood?
Such equipment was received due toSimilarity with the casing over the fireplace. Variants of execution, material, type of application of a facing layer allow to choose the device under any stylistic decision.The fireplace hood can easily fit into retro style andcountry, modern and classic. In addition to this, the equipment has good technical characteristics that make it easy to cope with fever, food smells and grease. This will make the stay in the kitchen and the cooking process as comfortable as possible.
The fireplace hood is also called the dome. The shape of the casing can also be trapezoidal and rectangular. Facing such devices can be found from simple stainless metal, glass and noble wood.
Any fireplace hood has a number of common parts:
- a false pipe;
- control unit with switches;
- illumination system;
- decorative elements.
As you can see, the standard hood device is quite simple. There are more sophisticated systems with touch control and advanced functionality. Let us consider which classification of models exists.
Types of hoods by the way they work
I distinguish two types of devices:
- Flowing. One of the most popular types of equipment. The principle of operation is the removal of polluted air flows from the room to the street. For such models, installation in a general ventilation system or direct output to the street is required.
- Circulating. Such devices do not require integration into ventilation systems. Their principle of operation is based on the filtration of incoming air and its return (recycling). A distinctive feature - the quality of the work is determined by the frequency of the filter change and the properly selected performance.
Flowing chimney hood has a high efficiency, this is the basis of its popularity.
Types of hoods in the place of installation
There are only three versions of such devices:
- Wall-mounted. Mounting is performed over the thermal equipment to the wall.
- Island. Often the plates are located in the center of the kitchen. For such cases, an island hood of a fireplace type is provided.
- Corner. For small kitchens, each useful centimeter of space is needed, so for a number of projects, heat equipment is placed in a corner. It is possible to emphasize the unique style and perform the main task of air cleaning with the help of the angular drawing. These species have a number of structural features of the working surface.
The structure can be straight and sloping. In the second case, this fireplace hood is inclined. Separately, we note another type of device - embedded. Such designs are hidden in the kitchen furniture (hanging cabinets), so they do not belong to the type of fireplace. The offered assortment line will allow to pick up a unique model for any kitchen easily.
Features of choice
To buy the equipment successfully coped with the tasks set, when choosing it, you should pay attention to such characteristics and features:
- The exhaust hood should be by parameters larger than the surface of the thermal structure.
- Performance. For this purpose, the volume of the kitchen area is calculated, which is multiplied by 12 (the normalized number of times the air changes per hour in the room). Next, the stock should be stocked: as a rule, multiply by a factor of 1.3. The output of the hood is the volume of the kitchen, multiplied by 12 and 1.3.
- The height of the placement above the heat equipment. According to the norms it should be 650-850 mm. A larger parameter requires a larger margin of performance.
- Filter. It can be metal and replaceable elements. The first is easy to clean and lasts a long time. The second option will have to be changed periodically.
- Backlight (how ergonomic it is).
- Equipment power. The more powerful, the higher the productivity.
- Control system. Variations are large, but the more additional functions, the higher the price.
- Noise level.
As you can see, the list of characteristics is quite large. But with these features in mind, you can qualitatively match the hood.
Preparing for installation
For classical domed hoodsprovide for access to the ventilation duct and connection to the electrical network. What are the features of connection to the ventilation duct? If two separate systems are provided, one of them should serve for natural ventilation of premises, and the second one should be used for forced installation.
If we consider a private house, it is betterVertical ventilation is not to be touched, and for flow-through stretching, provide a direct opening to the street. It is necessary to install a check valve in the ventilation duct so that cold air does not penetrate the house.
It is also necessary to put the grid on the inputhole to protect against rain and insects. The ventilation system should be firmly fixed to the building structure and insulated with soundproof materials. As for the connection to the mains, for dome structures, there is a wire for direct connection or an outlet with a ground connection.
Installation of fireplace hoods
First, unpack the equipment and see what comes with it. The following elements should be present:
- casing fastening strap;
- a set of hardware;
- air duct of the required length;
- transition flange with a return valve.
If necessary, purchase the missing kit, the equipment is installed in stages:
- Markup. It is necessary to draw a straight line according to the level at an altitude of 650-850 mm from the surface of the thermal equipment. Mark locations for fasteners.
- Drill technical holes for dowel-nails.
- Install and fasten the cover to the wall.
- It is connected to the network by means of a switchbox or by simply plugging it into an electrical outlet with a ground connection.
The air duct (corrugation) is fixed to the adapter flangeand is sealed, and the free end is pushed further into the ventilation shaft and foamed with a mounting foam. The mantelpiece is wall-mounted easily. The entire operation time takes a maximum of 1.5 hours. Island equipment is attached to the ceiling space. Decorative chains are often used.
According to numerous responses from owners, moreThe fireplace hood is very popular. The reviews indicate that it is better to choose flow options. Besides the beautiful design, such devices are distinguished by high efficiency. But it is noted that you should pay attention to the calculation of performance. Otherwise, the equipment will not live up to expectations.Correct selection and installation of a fireplace hoodrelieve the diligent mistress of unnecessary trouble on washing off a fat coating from furniture and fighting stale kitchen odors. Do not forget about the timely maintenance of equipment: cleaning and replacing filters. A wide range of hoods will add more and stylistic zest in any design, which will give the kitchen comfort and comfort.